[SOLVED] Running Dual mouse/keyboard/monitor on Single desktop PC - Power Supply Too Small??

Nov 12, 2019
I have a desktop PC (Acer Nitro 50)

Running dual: monitors, mouse and keyboard
(So I can sit or stand at my PC)

I think the power supply may be too small - as when Im using the secondary mouse and keyboard, they frequently stop working for approx 2 seconds then resume working.
Very annoying when typing passwords!!

I also seemingly had problems the other day with my new MIDI keyboard, until I plugged it directly into one of the motherboard USB ports.

Running 2 USB hubs, one is powered.

PC is also connected to a UPS.

• All very new hardware
  • Main mouse and keyboard are new Logitech wireless
  • Secondary mouse is wired type and is brand new (Razer brand, bought few days ago)
  • Secondary keyboard is basically brand new, bought month or 2 ago

Considering buying a new PC case with a bigger power supply, as I may need a better sound card soon too.
Dont really want to spend money on things I dont need.

Any help, advice or tips are greatly appreciated!

TIA

Steve

Solution
Try reinstalling all the drivers for the keyboard/mouse's.

Do you run any of the peripherals trough the usb hubs? If you have enough USB directly on the PC, try all 4 directly, without the hub.

Alternative would be maybe something like this.

You would need 1 with 4 USB ports in total though.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
I doubt it is the power supply. A mouse and a keyboard will draw a couple of watts at max, maybe a bit more if you have ones with led lightning and such. Did you change any other hardware in the PC?

Might be just drivers crashing or something similar since it's 2x of both. Never tried, so not sure how well windows handles this kind of set-up.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Try reinstalling all the drivers for the keyboard/mouse's.

Do you run any of the peripherals trough the usb hubs? If you have enough USB directly on the PC, try all 4 directly, without the hub.

Alternative would be maybe something like this.

You would need 1 with 4 USB ports in total though.

Solution