[SOLVED] Running escape from tarkov seems to be massively low frame rate for my hardware

Nov 11, 2019
First of all lets get started with the specs:

GameMax Predator RGB Tempered Glass Gaming Case with 4 140mm fans installed in the front.
i9 9900k
ASUS ROG STRIX intel Z390-E Gaming
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz
850W Corsair RM850X Modular 80+ Gold power supply
2TB hard drive/ 250GB SSD which windows runs on
GTX 1080 FTW 3.0 ACX
H100i Water Cooling

I also am running this on a MSI Optix MAG241C Full HD 23.6" Curved LED Gaming Monitor at 1080p 144Hz

I seem to be dropping to about 40 ish fps in some places and the game just doesn't feel as smooth as i see when i watch streamers and also my friend who has a worse pc.

No matter what graphical setting i change the game too it always doesn't run that well.

P.S. i will give rob a bank for anyone who can help me with the cursor coming up in the middle of my screen when playing and looking around too.

Solution
P.S. i will give rob a bank for anyone who can help me with the cursor coming up in the middle of my screen when playing and looking around too.

Do you happen to have a USB controller of some sort connected while you're playing even if you're not using it and playing with mouse & keyboard? The same thing (mouse cursor appearing in a certain section on my screen) happened to me with red dead 2, it was because I was always leaving a USB xbox 360 controller plugged in to my PC which I use for other games, this would cause (I forget what it's called) the microsoft gaming overlay to run along with the game. When you launch the game do you ever see the windows gaming overlay notification about "Press the windows key + G to show the...

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

Do you happen to have a USB controller of some sort connected while you're playing even if you're not using it and playing with mouse & keyboard? The same thing (mouse cursor appearing in a certain section on my screen) happened to me with red dead 2, it was because I was always leaving a USB xbox 360 controller plugged in to my PC which I use for other games, this would cause (I forget what it's called) the microsoft gaming overlay to run along with the game. When you launch the game do you ever see the windows gaming overlay notification about "Press the windows key + G to show the microsoft game overlay".... where you can record/screen capture and all sorts of other stuff

Solution
Nov 11, 2019
Do you happen to have a USB controller of some sort connected while you're playing even if you're not using it and playing with mouse & keyboard? The same thing (mouse cursor appearing in a certain section on my screen) happened to me with red dead 2, it was because I was always leaving a USB xbox 360 controller plugged in to my PC which I use for other games, this would cause (I forget what it's called) the microsoft gaming overlay to run along with the game. When you launch the game do you ever see the windows gaming overlay notification about "Press the windows key + G to show the microsoft game overlay".... where you can record/screen capture and all sorts of other stuff
I Do leave a controller plugged in to play wreckfest so maybe its that