Running GTX980 and 770 at same time?

fastdak25

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
I am currently running both a 980 and 770 at the same time, not in SLI though of course. I have the 980 in the primary slot and set to be the phys-x device. The 770 in the second slot is where I have my 2nd monitor plugged in. Is there any actual benefit to this? I left the 770 in after getting the 980 as a means to run my 2nd (sometimes 3rd) monitor. I don't actually play games across multiple monitors, but use them for Teamspeake and Chrome (or w/e else) monitoring while I have a game open.

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
The only advantage you could have would be selecting the 770 as the physx device. But there's just a few games that use it and it might not make a big difference at all for most cases. The additional monitors don't really affect performance a lot unless you are doing something GPU intensive on each one, but if you keep stuff like chrome or teamspeak on them, it barely affects performance. You might as well save some electricity and reduce heat and don't use the 770 at all and run all displays from the 980.

TRENDING THREADS