Gordon

I am replacing my old PC and the new PC already has Half Life 2 installed.
However, I would like to finish the original single-player Half Life before
starting on the sequel. In light of the various issues with Steam I was
hoping to finish the original game without getting it involved with Steam at
all. Therefore I transferred the Half Life game folder from my old PC
(where it was installed normally) to the new one. After a brief test it
appears to run fine, once I enter the CD key that is.

Since I haven't played through the whole game this way I'm wondering if it
will cause any issues of its own. Has anyone else tried running the
original Half Life from a transferred game folder? TIA

Should be no problem.. I still have my original install and can play
without Steam...

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:20:04 -0500, "Gordon" <ghartley@msn.net> wrote:

>I am replacing my old PC and the new PC already has Half Life 2 installed.
>However, I would like to finish the original single-player Half Life before
>starting on the sequel. In light of the various issues with Steam I was
>hoping to finish the original game without getting it involved with Steam at
>all. Therefore I transferred the Half Life game folder from my old PC
>(where it was installed normally) to the new one. After a brief test it
>appears to run fine, once I enter the CD key that is.
>
>Since I haven't played through the whole game this way I'm wondering if it
>will cause any issues of its own. Has anyone else tried running the
>original Half Life from a transferred game folder? TIA

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."