Question Running horizontal lines on my webcam when ceiling LED lights are on ?

Zetrix88

Commendable
Aug 30, 2021
Hello everyone, I am having this issue with my Logitech C920 webcam : Image

There are these lines running from top to bottom constantly on my cam, it gets even worse than this. But only when I am using my LED lights which I have on the ceiling. If I set them to low, the lines show the most. If I have them light all the way up, there are no lines.
I have read its most likely because of the shutterspeed of the cam and the frequency ? Something isnt syncing up?
In the logitech software I am able to set up antiflicker frequency to 50/60 Hz, which fixes it for majority of people. But it does almost nothing for me. Is there any other possible fix?

Jan 25, 2023
Maybe you should install the different dimmer switch.
Look one up that is known to cause no flicker issues. The dimmer dims light with fast pulses of electric (as opposed to just flat DC signal), so thats probably cause the flickers.
I think its common for flickers to get worse as level goes down as pulse speed go down.

I think only bad led gonna flicker 50/60 Hz, because this is europe/usa wall power frequency. If they really cheap theyre just gonna like no parts in them and just go on every half the ac wave.

Latest posts