running my pc with 2 different graphic cards from 2 different brands?

May 1, 2018
Can I run my computer with 2 vga from different brands?
I'm currently running my pc on gtx 970. I used to run my pc on AMD hd 7770,and stop using it after i got my gtx 970. my hd 7770 is now not used and it's got me thinking whether i can use both of them than abandoning my previous vga card.
will it make my PC goes faster? especially in running a vid game?!
note: my motherboard is ASUS P8 H6 1-M LX R2.0.
my cpu is intel i7 core 3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz (8CPUs), 3.4GHz
my PSU is corsair 500x which is 500 watt
my casing is kind of small

Solution
You can run both of them. Everyone says "clashing drivers". This isn't entirely true. You really only get clashing drivers if you try to install two drivers on the same card. I use two different cards as well. This allows me to run separate monitors on two different cards.

Depends on preference. If you're just trying to boost a game however, you'll be disappointed. You CANNOT use two different cards for the same task. It would have to be the same card, same model attached via SLI. Again preference. Hope this helps.
You can run both of them. Everyone says "clashing drivers". This isn't entirely true. You really only get clashing drivers if you try to install two drivers on the same card. I use two different cards as well. This allows me to run separate monitors on two different cards.

Depends on preference. If you're just trying to boost a game however, you'll be disappointed. You CANNOT use two different cards for the same task. It would have to be the same card, same model attached via SLI. Again preference. Hope this helps.

Solution