Question Running Old Pioneer Receiver and Sonos System at same time?

swoo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014
Good afternoon/evening,

As the title implies, I was wondering if it possible to run an old Pioneer receiver and a Sonos surround system at the same time. I don't have the exact model number, but my receiver is nearly 15 years old, it doesn't have HDMI ports in the back, and I currently have it hooked up to my Vizio P-Series Quantom X (2019) through Optical Audio. I understand that when I get my Sonos system (which will consist of a Sonos Beam and 2 Sonos SL's) will run through the TVs HDMI ARC port. Is it possible to run both systems without a sound lag? Currently, I have my TV speakers turned off and am just using the Pioneer Receiver to push sound as there is a bit of that echo effect due to the systems delay. I really don't want to have to put my Pioneer receiver in the basement as I really appreciate that classic look of a receiver and speakers around the TV (I know, how very 80's of me). I know many out there would suggest that the sound quality of the Sonos system will outclass the Pioneer unit and the 4 speakers I have hooked into, but I would just like to know if that is possible. Also, I am aware that the Sonos Connect exists but that would require me to get a brand new Pioneer Receiver and I don't love the look so much that I would be willing to spend over $600 to keep that look.