Running Older Games on New Card

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Hey guys, I need some help. Recently purchased a 7950 gpu oc to 1150mhz and for some reason I cant play my all time favorite classic game Star Wars Battlefront 2. I have no problem playing modern titles like Battlefield 3. Newest drivers. The game boots, however in the game you can hear the audio freeze up as well as the video, sometime it even crashes. Ran fraps and am above 80 frames the whole time. Game worked fine on integrated graphics. If someone could give me ideas on how to fix this I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Solution
Don't try to troubleshoot with altered hardware, restore the system to its default settings (CPU and GPU) then retest.
If you upgraded from an Nvidia card it's possible there is still some driver fragments left over from the uninstall, grab something like DriverFusion or the old DriverCleaner drivesweeper and clear the system out using them in Safe Mode.

Don't try to troubleshoot with altered hardware, restore the system to its default settings (CPU and GPU) then retest.
If you upgraded from an Nvidia card it's possible there is still some driver fragments left over from the uninstall, grab something like DriverFusion or the old DriverCleaner drivesweeper and clear the system out using them in Safe Mode.

Solution