Question Running PC with fans at 0 RPM

Bobbysix

Commendable
Dec 20, 2019
So I am basically aiming for a completely silent PC while I work but then for gaming it doesn’t matter as I wear headphones anyway. Using MSI Dragon center I am running my i7 9700K at 4.0 GHz on all cores and all fans ( two case fans and two radiator fans on my 240 mm AOI) set to zero RPM. I guess this means that the only cooling is coming from the pump pumping the water through the radiator. This gives me a CPU temp of about 35-40 degrees C at idle. If/when I need to do some more demanding work/gaming I change the profile to 4.8 GHz on all cores with fans at their normal speeds. So, my question is, if I am getting reasonably low temps with all fans off and a silent PC, is there any possible damage that I could do to my components? I am thinking that as long as my temps stay low, then it should be o.k?

I might be a bit concerned about some other component, such as something on the motherboard, overheating if there's no airflow moving through the case. It would probably be safer to keep at least one or two fans running at their minimum speeds, which should still be rather quiet.