Question Running R5 3600 on low voltage offset is it safe ??

smoozable

Reputable
Sep 23, 2017
Ryzen 5 3600
Is it safe if i add a negative .05 offset to the voltage?
PBO enabled
Everything else is on auto or stock no manual oc
I don't mind losing a little bit of performance for the sake of reducing temps

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
I used to run a negative offset voltage of 0.100 on my Ryzen 2700X & also 3700 X and it was still stable so you are fine with your offset.
You do lose performance though so I changed my PBO to Auto, put the voltage back to default and it kept the temperatures at normal levels without losing any performance.

Make sure your BIOS is up to date too as manufacturers release updates to deal with things like temperatures and performance issues.

What temperatures are you getting that you feel the need to use an offset?
Andy

Last edited:

smoozable

Reputable
Sep 23, 2017
I used to run a negative offset voltage of 0.100 on my Ryzen 2700X & also 3700 X and it was still stable so you are fine with your offset.
You do lose performance though so I changed my PBO to Auto, put the voltage back to default and it kept the temperatures at normal levels without losing any performance.

Make sure your BIOS is up to date too as manufacturers release updates to deal with things like temperatures and performance issues.

What temperatures are you getting that you feel the need to use an offset?
Andy

Why would you need to do that? What are your temps?

Average during gaming was 65-67°c
Max temp 70-72°c
Some times temps spike briefly to 75°c

smoozable

Reputable
Sep 23, 2017
Doesnt seem too high. Before you undervolt your cpu have you gone down every other avenue to optimise your cooling? Cleaning pc out, re apply thermal paste if needed, fan placement, custom curves etc

The pc is 1 month old
I installed a deep cool gammax 400 with 2 fans push and pull
I used pea method for thermal paste
I used arctic mx-4 instead of the stock paste
I have 2x140mm fans intake 2500 rpm
1x120mm fan exhaust 2500 rpm
I clean it once a week with a dust blower