Question Running second monitor from motherboard

PolarBear27

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,
I am currently running one monitor from my 2070 super graphics card but want a dual monitor set up. I can't afford another monitor right now so I attempted to use my old one which only have a vga cable. Is it possible to run these at the same time as I can't seem to get it to work. I googled around and one result said I should go into my bios and enable IGPU. I am quite unknowlagable when it comes to this stuff. I went to accept the changes but it said I would be enabling intergrated graphics, would this mean the whole system would switch from my GPU to my IGPU?

Thank you.

kanewolf

Titan
HDMI (or DP) to VGA adapters are hit or miss. You have to have an active adapter. They usually cost more and will say "active" in the description.
Whether you can use your motherboard ports depends on the CPU you have. Most AMD CPUs don't have iGPU and more Intel are dropping the iGPU.

PolarBear27

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
HDMI (or DP) to VGA adapters are hit or miss. You have to have an active adapter. They usually cost more and will say "active" in the description.
Whether you can use your motherboard ports depends on the CPU you have. Most AMD CPUs don't have iGPU and more Intel are dropping the iGPU.

I have an i7-9700 CPU