Dec 9, 2017
Hello,

My MB has only 5 fan headers:

@CPU_FAN
@CHA_FAN1
@CHA_FAN2
@CPU_OPT
@W_PUMP+

I've connected the rear exhaust fan to the CHA_FAN1. It has 3 pins so as far as I know it will always running at full speed (unless I control it in the bios or by a software)

I have a Thermaltake water-cooling for the CPU with 2 fans rad so I guess it'll use the W_PUMP+ and the CPU_FAN & CPU_OPT (I want to ensure that i'll use both anyway).

Now, I have 1 CHA_FAN left (#2) but I have 3 remaining fans to install!! The 3 fans are located at the bottom of the case.

Is there any hub solution to connect the 3 fans (12v) into the CHA_FAN2? Any solution? Never thought I could have problems with the fans.

Maybe the watercooler uses only either the cpu_opt or the cpu_fan, leaving 1 available for the chasis fans. Is it recommendable to connect one of those into the cpu_fan or the cpu_opt?

oriol.delavega

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Nope. That one would draw all current from the motherboard, so, depending on the fans and mb, you could be perfectly safe, or you could make your board catch fire... Try to search the manual for info on how much current does the CHA_FAN connector supply, then search for the consumption of your very specific fans and decide accordingly.