Running too hot XFX Rx570 4gb

lubosblacksmyth

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
I had used a lot of cards, but this one runs very hot i mean almost 90°C but avarege 85 in PUBG. I had ran cards like GTX 980 R9 280 R9 270x and more... all went cool like max 80° lot of the time they stayed at 70-75°C. I have got 3 fans in the case and this problem havent ocured before.I oc the card but very little core clock from 1286 to only 1300 and memory from 1750 to 1800 plus power limit 35%. I am little bit worried. Should i repaste it?

Phazoner

Distinguished
I assume you had no overheating problems with other cards, so your air flow is OK. I would just process the warranty, it should be a thermal paste issue and replacing it may void your warranty. And it should perform nice from factory. Check also if you had a custom fan curve from a previous card that just didn't match your new graphics card cooling performance.

lubosblacksmyth

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
But it is 12 cm fan it should move more air but at 650 rpm doesnt move lot of air almost insesible and it doent have to but when i game its at double speed in this case i can feel the heat going out clearly. When it works properly tep is maxing around 80. Much better. I have found out its PUBG fault people on forums and steam reported that battlenet or how it is called shut down speedfan really sad bluehole. Good air flow is the key.
You need to reboot the whole pc. This is really stupid. I dont have bios options to set speed of fan.

Phazoner

Distinguished
I couldn't imagine such a improvement with the back fan spinning faster. Anyway 80ºC is a really high temperature. Try another program for keep the fans fast in PUBG but anyway you have to find a solution to such high GPU temperatures.

Phazoner

Distinguished
I've seen some reviews and looks like the XFX 570 is well valued for being silent but apparently that's because at even at 74ºC the fan speed won't go above 50%:

https://www.bjorn3d.com/2017/05/xfx-rs-xxx-edition-rx-570-4gb-oc-review-mainstream-just-got-better/5/

Try to keep it at a maximum of 75ºC. Anyway you should try to configure your case fans in your UEFI/BIOS, it's more reliable and for example won't mess with PUBG.

lubosblacksmyth

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017

The problem is that my mobo in not gaming one its old foxconn 2abf with i5 3470 for 140€ plus ram. No option for fan there as my knowledge goes. Yeah now at 70°C fans go to 64%. Like i said i wont play pubg i have just bought this card so I was messing wih games and trying to configure my GPU.

Phazoner

Distinguished

Not being gaming doesn't mean that it's bad or lacking controls. You aren't loosing anything by checking ;)

Dec 8, 2018
I have the same issue with my asus expedition rx 570. If you would check the beanchmarks at tech deals on youtube the card runs at 71C on 78% fan speed. Mine runs at 77C and 81C max on 70% fan speed at stock frequencies. These cards just tend run hot overall. My suggestion is to undervolt it seeing that just a decrease in 5% in your fps can make your card run 10C lower. Or just try to keep it at ~85C seeing that almost all amd cards run fine at 90C and has a fail safe temperature at 95C.