running two Different GPUs

Lors

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I have a GPU, an HD 5450 and im planning on buying an R9 270 in the near future. I plan on using both of them. if Possible.

My question is:

-if I can. how? how Can make my HD 5450 Useful? Can I Plug my monitor to the 5450? to decrease the Load for my main GPU? or Something like that? does that Increase the performance of something?

Solution
you can run the "other" monitor from your CPU. the i5 should be able to run 2 screens on its own, so one would be a piece of cake (go into BIOS and make integrated GPU as primary though).

or yeah, you can run separate cards.

Lors

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Its wont Increase any performance alright. but can I plug my only monitor to the 5450 and not in the r9 270? Can I still use the R9 270 that way? is there a benefit in doing that??

Lors

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

haha. selling Hd 5450 wont get me anywhere its too cheap. xD and 280x is too expensive. is there any thing I can do to make 5450 useful?

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
buy another monitor to use it
build another computer to use it
give it away to someone who needs it for an old computer
keep it as a spare

for a long time, I kept an otherwise-useless nvid 9400GT as a spare, then actually made use of it in a recent machine, until the day when the heatsink clips broke apart so I just finally scrapped it (about a month or two ago)

Lors

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

2 monitor would be a good idea. and no need to buy I got a Spare monitor
Can I Use the monitor plugged in the R9 270 for gaming and Use the other (that is plugged in the 5450) for different task???
will my Cpu: i5 3470 and my Psu: HEC Cougar Sl 600w +80 enough to handle this setup?

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
you can run the "other" monitor from your CPU. the i5 should be able to run 2 screens on its own, so one would be a piece of cake (go into BIOS and make integrated GPU as primary though).

or yeah, you can run separate cards.

Solution