[SOLVED] Running warmer after update

I updated both my chipset driver and Windows updated a little later but Ive noticed my CPU's idle temp seems to be running warmer, it used to idle in the mid 30's but now seems to be in the mid 40's.(both on Hwinfo and Ryzen Master.) Anyone else having similar issues after either updating Windows and/or chipset? BTW, it's a 5600X

Solution
I updated both my chipset driver and Windows updated a little later but Ive noticed my CPU's idle temp seems to be running warmer, it used to idle in the mid 30's but now seems to be in the mid 40's.(both on Hwinfo and Ryzen Master.) Anyone else having similar issues after either updating Windows and/or chipset? BTW, it's a 5600X
One way to look at it is the the new chipset drivers make your CPU just a little bit more performant...and so just that much warmer.

I think it's more likely 'calibration' of the sensors in BIOS. We're really not supposed to be overly particular about the exact temperatures anyway since it's pretty well made up in an algorithm. It's main purpose is to have something that follows processor work...
One way to look at it is the the new chipset drivers make your CPU just a little bit more performant...and so just that much warmer.

I think it's more likely 'calibration' of the sensors in BIOS. We're really not supposed to be overly particular about the exact temperatures anyway since it's pretty well made up in an algorithm. It's main purpose is to have something that follows processor work output to speed up fans as needed for heat transfer. Good luck explaining that in these forums.

There was an interesting article about how AMD is rejiggering the whole temp/power reporting thing for AM5.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution