running win98SE Scandisk on dual boot xp

I have win98SE on C: and XPsp2 in e: making it dual boot.

Can I run win98se scandisk (booting from win98se) on all
partitions, including xp partition?

Or should I run win98se scandisk on 98se partition and xp
checkdisk on xp partition?

xp has made several folders on win98se partition. Further I
found that xp creates FIND.000 etc. folders having files
when it checkdisk-s. I worry whether running 98se scandisk
might harm the setup of xp.

--
Rawat

V S Rawat <VSRawat@invalid.none> wrote in news:#4apBPsKFHA.2716
@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> I have win98SE on C: and XPsp2 in e: making it dual boot.
>
> Can I run win98se scandisk (booting from win98se) on all
> partitions, including xp partition?
>
> Or should I run win98se scandisk on 98se partition and xp
> checkdisk on xp partition?
>
> xp has made several folders on win98se partition. Further I
> found that xp creates FIND.000 etc. folders having files
> when it checkdisk-s. I worry whether running 98se scandisk
> might harm the setup of xp.

If your XP partition is Fat 32, then it'd probably work OK. Defrag is a
different story, though. XP defrag and 98 defrag arrange things
differently. So either use one or the other on all drives and don't use the
other one at all, or use each one for its respective partitons.

--
--- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

On 3/17/05 2:31 PM India Time, _Menno Hershberger_ wrote:

> V S Rawat <VSRawat@invalid.none> wrote in news:#4apBPsKFHA.2716
> @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
>

>>I have win98SE on C: and XPsp2 in e: making it dual boot.
>>
>>Can I run win98se scandisk (booting from win98se) on all
>>partitions, including xp partition?
>>
>>Or should I run win98se scandisk on 98se partition and xp
>>checkdisk on xp partition?
>>
>>xp has made several folders on win98se partition. Further I
>>found that xp creates FIND.000 etc. folders having files
>>when it checkdisk-s. I worry whether running 98se scandisk
>>might harm the setup of xp.
>

> If your XP partition is Fat 32, then it'd probably work OK. Defrag is a
> different story, though. XP defrag and 98 defrag arrange things
> differently. So either use one or the other on all drives and don't use the
> other one at all, or use each one for its respective partitons.

yes, all partitions are fat32.

Thanks for cautioning. I will do as you suggested.

How many users must be facing problems by running different
scandisk/defran on different patitions. There should be some
information provided about it when one makes his system dual
boot.

--
Rawat

There should be some
information provided about it when one makes his system dual
boot.

> --
> Rawat

i agree.