Runtime Error - R6025 pure virtual function call

I've tried anything and everything that I can find to fix this problem. I get
the following message everytime I try to log on. If there are ANY
suggestions. please help me get this to go away.
--------------------------------------
Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error
Program:C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
R6025
-pure virtual function call
Any suggestion would be appreciated and tried!! Thanks in advance..
--
llchrista01

I went to the sight and actually read it, but the question is, what did it
say. I have functions that are trying to call on a function... If anyone can
translate this into human let me know. I really appreciate the help. thanks
(again) in advance.
--
llchrista01

"Treeman" wrote:

> llchrista01,
> Read about it here;
> 'Cause of the R6025 Run-Time Error'
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=125749)
> Hope this helps,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

llchrista01,
Searching for this subject brings numerous hits. Anything from BHO's
(browser helper objects) to Symantec products, or trying to play
streaming media as being a problem.
Let's start with the basics; are you virus/spyware free? Have you
looked in Administration Tools, Event Viewer for errors there? Do you
have all your Windows Updates installed?
Without knowing what's installed on your computer, it's a guessing
game.
Run some scans with Ad-Aware, SpyBot, ect. Post back any error messages
you see in event viewer. I'll keep looking.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

I have ran spybot and I'll post my "congradulations". I have ran adaware and
had a list of recently opened documents that I will also post for you to be
able to see. All of updates are in place. AVG says I'm virus free, Microsoft
spyware says I'm spyware free. I did look in event viewer and I see a lot of
errors, but I have to admit I have no idea what I'm looking at. There are a
lot and it would take up pages to post them here. I will post a couple of
them to give you an idea what they look like. If you need to see more you
have to let me know and I'll take up this whole column to get them to you.
Adaware log:ArchiveData(l.bckp)
Referencefile : SE1R50 13.06.2005

MRU LIST
obj[0]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
Data\microsoft\office\recent\2T8RWB6N.LNK
obj[1]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\recent\computer-help.lnk
obj[2]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\recent\Desktop.ini
obj[3]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\recent\SpybotSD.Results.lnk
obj[4]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
Data\microsoft\office\recent\computer-help.LNK
obj[5]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\google\navclient\1.1\history
obj[6]=MRU RegReference : software\microsoft\direct3d\mostrecentapplication
name
obj[7]=MRU RegReference : software\microsoft\direct3d\mostrecentapplication
name
obj[8]=MRU RegReference :
software\microsoft\directdraw\mostrecentapplication name
obj[9]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\player\settings saveasdir
obj[10]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\preferences lastplaylistindex
obj[11]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\preferences lastplaylist
obj[12]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\microsoft
management console\recent file list
obj[13]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\office\9.0\common\open find\microsoft powerpoint\settings\insert picture\file name mru value
obj[14]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\office\9.0\common\open find\microsoft powerpoint\settings\save as\file name mru value
obj[15]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\search
assistant\acmru\5603
obj[16]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\search
assistant\acmru\5604
obj[17]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\comdlg32\opensavemru\*
obj[18]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\recentdocs\.txt
obj[19]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\recentdocs\Folder
obj[21]=MRU RegReference :
S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\windows
media\wmsdk\general computername

Spybot:
Congratulations!: No immediate threats were found. ()

Event Log: Applications

Type Date Time Source
Category Event User

Error 6/20/2005 12:53:16 PM Application Hang None 1001 N/A
Error 6/20/2005 12:53:11 PM Application Hang (101) 1002 N/A
Error 6/19/2005 8:08:15 AM Application Hang (101) 1002
N/A

Event Log System:
Type Date Time Source
Category Event User Computer
Error 6/19/2005 7:59:48 AM Service Control Manager None 7000 N/A
Error 6/18/2005 5:37:38 PM Service Control Manager None 7000 N/A
Error 6/18/2005 5:35:43 PM DCOM None 10005 SYSTEM
Error 6/18/2005 5:34:03 PM DCOM None 10005 Administrator

I know this is long and for that I apologize, but this is what you ask for.
You should see the list I didn't send of event log errors. I don't know if
this is readable to you, but I sure hope so. If you need more info, please
feel free to ask. And thank you so much for helping.

--
llchrista01

"Treeman" wrote:

> llchrista01,
> Searching for this subject brings numerous hits. Anything from BHO's
> (browser helper objects) to Symantec products, or trying to play
> streaming media as being a problem.
> Let's start with the basics; are you virus/spyware free? Have you
> looked in Administration Tools, Event Viewer for errors there? Do you
> have all your Windows Updates installed?
> Without knowing what's installed on your computer, it's a guessing
> game.
> Run some scans with Ad-Aware, SpyBot, ect. Post back any error messages
> you see in event viewer. I'll keep looking.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

llchrista01,
Are you running any combination of these applications?
• Microsoft Money
• Word 2000
• Norton AntiVirus 2000
• Norton AntiVirus 2001
• Norton AntiVirus 2002
• Norton SystemWorks 2000
• Norton SystemWorks 2001
• Norton SystemWorks 2002
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

In Windows, I can find files for Microsoft Money, but I don't know where or
what it is. I do run Word 2000. I uninstalled Norton after the 60 free trial
ran out, but I did a search and found files that still contained information
on this. Let me know if you need to see any of the file names. Once again,
you're appreciated.
--
llchrista01

"Treeman" wrote:

> llchrista01,
> Are you running any combination of these applications?
> • Microsoft Money
> • Word 2000
> • Norton AntiVirus 2000
> • Norton AntiVirus 2001
> • Norton AntiVirus 2002
> • Norton SystemWorks 2000
> • Norton SystemWorks 2001
> • Norton SystemWorks 2002
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

llchrista01,
We may be getting closer! Look at this support article by MS;
'error message '
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243579)
Evidently Norton had a plug-in for scanning Office files.
'Office plug-in'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/#XSLTH3127121123120121120120)
Microsoft Money also has call-out to a Virtual Runtime Error;
'Money Runtime Error' (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240437)
So I'd go to Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. Let it populate and
then look for Money or a Norton Plug-in and nuke it. (delete)
Their also may be an entry somewhere in a Word menu dialog box to allow
the Norton Plug-in. Hopefully there aren't left over registry values
that are causing you this virtual slug fest.
Let me know what you find out. PS, What name/version of Norton?
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

I did find Money and Money 2005, I removed both programs. There was nothing
in Add/Remove about Norton. I did a search and found files in C:\Documents
and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp for Norton Antivirus 2004 4-29-2005
15h42m38s, Norton Antivirus 2005 4-29-2005,(I'm going to leave out the h m
s), Norton Antivirus 2005 5-2-2005, Norton Internet Security 6-18-2005,
Norton Internet Security 6-18-2005, Norton Personal Firewall 4-24-05, Norton
Personal Firewall 4-29-05, and Norton Personal Firewall 5-9-05. I got the
computer on Christmas and the 60 day free trial of Norton ran out around end
of Feb. or the beginning of March. I removed the program then. Are these
leftovers. What do I do with all of these. This search was just for "Norton
Antivirus/version". The search I ran for "Norton" came back with 163 files.
I'll tell you this, you are very patient and very helpful. Thanks for being
there.
--
llchrista01

"Treeman" wrote:

> llchrista01,
> We may be getting closer! Look at this support article by MS;
> 'error message '
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243579)
> Evidently Norton had a plug-in for scanning Office files.
> 'Office plug-in'
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/#XSLTH3127121123120121120120)
> Microsoft Money also has call-out to a Virtual Runtime Error;
> 'Money Runtime Error' (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240437)
> So I'd go to Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. Let it populate and
> then look for Money or a Norton Plug-in and nuke it. (delete)
> Their also may be an entry somewhere in a Word menu dialog box to allow
> the Norton Plug-in. Hopefully there aren't left over registry values
> that are causing you this virtual slug fest.
> Let me know what you find out. PS, What name/version of Norton?
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

I just wanted to let you know that ever since I removed Money, I have not
recieved the runtime error. Thanks for all your help and patience with
someone who doesn't know that much about computers.
--
llchrista01

"Treeman" wrote:

> llchrista01,
> We may be getting closer! Look at this support article by MS;
> 'error message '
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243579)
> Evidently Norton had a plug-in for scanning Office files.
> 'Office plug-in'
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/#XSLTH3127121123120121120120)
> Microsoft Money also has call-out to a Virtual Runtime Error;
> 'Money Runtime Error' (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240437)
> So I'd go to Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. Let it populate and
> then look for Money or a Norton Plug-in and nuke it. (delete)
> Their also may be an entry somewhere in a Word menu dialog box to allow
> the Norton Plug-in. Hopefully there aren't left over registry values
> that are causing you this virtual slug fest.
> Let me know what you find out. PS, What name/version of Norton?
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

llchrista01,
Glad you got it sorted out with no more errors!
The problem with some of these error messages are that they can be
generated by more than one application or driver.
Now all you have to do is figure out how to uninstall the trial of
Norton that's lingering on your computer.
If you download and run this free application, you can print out a
report on what software and version is installed on your computer.
'Belarc Advisor ' (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)
From there you can go to Symantec.com Support, and get info on how to
uninstall it. It is very important that you have some sort of
anti-virus software these days. If you want free anti-virus just post a
question about which is the best. (grin) I myself use a product called
Nod32, which I highly recommend. 'NOD32'
(http://nod32.com/home/home.htm)
It's not a resource hog like Norton, and does an excellent job.
Glad to here your computers fixed.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

I already have belarc on here (kim komando) it shows nothing about norton and
says that no info is available on the antivirus. I'm not even sure how to
read what I do see. Is there a way for you to see my belarc screen, or an
e-mail address I could send it to. There's stuff that came on the computer
that I never use and I'm not sure what's safe to get rid of. Thanks again.
--
llchrista01

"Treeman" wrote:

> llchrista01,
> Glad you got it sorted out with no more errors!
> The problem with some of these error messages are that they can be
> generated by more than one application or driver.
> Now all you have to do is figure out how to uninstall the trial of
> Norton that's lingering on your computer.
> If you download and run this free application, you can print out a
> report on what software and version is installed on your computer.
> 'Belarc Advisor ' (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)
> From there you can go to Symantec.com Support, and get info on how to
> uninstall it. It is very important that you have some sort of
> anti-virus software these days. If you want free anti-virus just post a
> question about which is the best. (grin) I myself use a product called
> Nod32, which I highly recommend. 'NOD32'
> (http://nod32.com/home/home.htm)
> It's not a resource hog like Norton, and does an excellent job.
> Glad to here your computers fixed.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

wendy

Hello treeman I was recently looking at old posts and saw your's recommending
the nod32AV. I have mcafee8.0.0 but my windows AV has recently become
outdated so I am looking for another av to replace the windows AV. I went to
try the trial of nod32 but it wants me to uninstall any other AV
programs...here is the dumb question..can I just unable my mcafee av instead
of uninstalling it?
thank you in advance
wendy

"Treeman" wrote:

> llchrista01,
> Glad you got it sorted out with no more errors!
> The problem with some of these error messages are that they can be
> generated by more than one application or driver.
> Now all you have to do is figure out how to uninstall the trial of
> Norton that's lingering on your computer.
> If you download and run this free application, you can print out a
> report on what software and version is installed on your computer.
> 'Belarc Advisor ' (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)
> From there you can go to Symantec.com Support, and get info on how to
> uninstall it. It is very important that you have some sort of
> anti-virus software these days. If you want free anti-virus just post a
> question about which is the best. (grin) I myself use a product called
> Nod32, which I highly recommend. 'NOD32'
> (http://nod32.com/home/home.htm)
> It's not a resource hog like Norton, and does an excellent job.
> Glad to here your computers fixed.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

"My windows AV has recently become outdated."
Hi Wendy,
If your not getting the virus pattern file updates to Mcafee, it's
pretty much worthless. This holds true for all AV products.
Nod32 updates come just about every other day, a good sign that the
virus signature files are current. I'd just uninstall Mcafee, re-boot,
defrag, then install the trial of Nod32. See if your system isn't
faster!
Best,
Treeman

--