News Russian Secret Intelligence Contractor Tried to Deanonymize Tor Users

Surprise Surprise...NOT

Artificially pumping the chain with controlled malicious nodes is one of the weaknesses I thought of years ago. While the data would be encrypted if they don't own the end to end, they could eventually point what IP's you were visiting and when.

Creating lots of new entry/exit nodes is the only solution. But with that comes a tremendous amount of headache as law enforcement comes knocking on your door for breaking some law. Only Universities and other such public agencies have the resources to guard against this.

Oleg Melnikov

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
And how bout the VPN users' for example NordVpn have tor over vpn on double vpn network . so even if the able to get my ip or any other details , will they be able to get to me from that point?

If, hypothetically speaking, you are attempting to compromise the security of a communications session, and your IP addy is identified, you are subject to reciprocal surveillance. If you are stupid enough to natively run a microsoft Operating System while doing so, you are further subject to being completely owned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oleg Melnikov