Question Rust constantly crashing in game

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
Yesterday, I bought Rust, since the Steam Summer Sale has begun. I installed it and everything seemed normal when in the menu. I have joined a server and around 20 minutes into playing, Rust froze, then crashed and gave me an error with the Easy Anticheat. This began happening regularly, I would join a server, play for 15-30 minutes and then the game would crash, sometimes I'd have to even restart my PC to get it back to normal. I verified local files, lowered graphics settings, tried turning off my Antivirus (Bitdefender free version), but nothing worked. I tried searching the internet for the error code, but the error codes other people got were different and mostly were an issue with LightningService.exe that i don't have on my PC. Please help me.
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700, stock cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x470-f
GPU: Asus ROG strix RX 590
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 Gb, 3200 MHz
PSU: Corsair Vengeance 650M, 650 watt, semi-modular
Storage: 1TB Toshiba HDD, 7200 RPM
Also, when the game freezes, same squares appear similar to my GTA 5 crashing issue from before
The GTA5 crash issue image
The Rust error code

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
Bought the game yesterday since it's the Summer Sale, installed it and everything was alright in the menu. I joined a server and after around 20 minutes of playing, rust froze and gave me an error message saying "Game Security Violation Detected #00000018". Since then, after around 15-30 minutes of being in a server and playing, the game would crash in the same way, showing the same error. I sometimes needed to even restart my PC in order for it to start working normally. When the game freezes, it showed me squares on my monitor similar to my GTA5 crashing issue. I'll be posting 2 imgur links showing my issue.
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700, stock cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x470-f
GPU: Asus ROG strix RX 590
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 Gb, 3200 MHz
PSU: Corsair Vengeance 650M, 650 watt, semi-modular
Storage: 1TB Toshiba HDD, 7200 RPM
Rust error code
GTA5 Crashing/freezing image

Jun 27, 2020
I've started having the same error code and as with you I couldn't find anything about the #00000018 code. I contacted facepunch support and they said that they are working with EAC to release a hotfix for the issue as apparently a lot of players are experiencing this issue. So it should automatically fix itself in the coming days. I'll keep you updated if I get any other info from my support ticket if you want

Reactions: cos_ine

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
I've started having the same error code and as with you I couldn't find anything about the #00000018 code. I contacted facepunch support and they said that they are working with EAC to release a hotfix for the issue as apparently a lot of players are experiencing this issue. So it should automatically fix itself in the coming days. I'll keep you updated if I get any other info from my support ticket if you want
I've sent a ticket and they told me to try stuff and fix it but I tried it all didn't work, sent them the output_log and dxdiag text files so I'll see what they say, thanks though!

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
Also, can you just keep me updated, so I can know what's going on

Jun 30, 2020

thank you so much for this i was freaking out