HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Grabbed from <A HREF="http://www.reactorcritical.com/" target="_new">http://www.reactorcritical.com/</A>
<font color=purple>
ATI representatives have unveiled some information about a future product code-named RV200. According to the best traditions of Canadian graphics chipsets developer, their comments are quite chilly: "RV200 is an improved version of RADEON". However, keeping in mind this bit and the details, passed around the web some time earlier, it is possible to tell that RV200 is not a cheap version of R200.

We assume, RV200 is something average between RADEON and RADEON2, as the product will have several predecessor`s features but also have something in common with R200 as well. RV200, as well as R200, will be made using 0.15 micron technology. Both chips, will officially support asynchronous core/memory clock-rates. It is logical to assume that both chips with "200" index will have identical memory controller, probably, distinct from RADEON.

RV200 does not support DirectX8.1 pixel or vertex shaders. In this case there is a question where ATI wants to position the new product. As we know, RADEON and R200 are accelerators made for gaming, the latest 3D technologies for the time of the release are implemented in them. There is also RADEON VE chip, which is intended for usage in business applications, it does not have TnL and second pipeline. So, if RV200 does not have any special features for gamers, where is it supposed to be used? Of course, in business machines. We think, RV200 is nothing else, but improved version of RADEON VE. Taking into account 0.15 micron technology, it is possible to expect that the cards based on RV200 will cost less, than $100.

As always, we warn our readers, that all aforesaid is only our assumptions and some details may not be correct :).</font color=purple>

<font color=red><i>Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say
today itself's too late; the wise lived yesterday

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
. Taking into account 0.15 micron technology, it is possible to expect that the cards based on RV200 will cost less, than $100.

At this price i am in right if they can be a little bit faster that Radeon 1 64 ddr.

By the way R200 will have 4 nano sec memory DDR

So a max output 500 (250)
Hyper Z 2 charisma engine 2

hardeware.fr