Question RX 460 Issues

Sep 14, 2021
I was using Nvidia GTX 750 2GB on windows 11. After that I replaced my GPU with AMD RX 460 (ASUS 2GB Version) on which I was experiencing driver crash and black screen issues. I had tried some of solutions from internet. Also I downgraded to windows 10. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. And just after installing the Official AMD Drivers 21.6.1, while checking Windows Updates display started flickering. After that I'm continuously experiencing (randomly on different applications) the PC being stuck (for a couple of seconds and sometimes I have to restart manually) and recovering automatically after flickering Screen. I was able to run Furmark in which I stress tested my GPU for almost 20 minutes with 1920x1080 Resolution and 2xMSAA Anti Aliasing. All I need to know is that, is my GPU (or any other component of my PC) is faulty or is it just a drivers issue?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
I think the problem is the gpu hardware. You have installed a fresh new copy of windows and also a newer version of amd drivers, and if it has screen flickering than theres somthing faulty with the gpu VRM(Voltage regulator module) most of the time mosfets(a part of the vrm) are usually the one which is faulty beacause of the high tempeture.

TRENDING THREADS