RX 470, clock speeds, base question

Masoner

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
I purchased the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 and I noted in the spec page @ Newegg it states the GPU clock speed is 1260 which is the reading I'm getting in settings and with CPUID Monitor. But it also states the Memory clock speed is 8000 Mhz, but in the settings/monitor it says it's 1750.

I was just curious, what is the reasoning behind this difference? Some other cards say 6000 Mhz memory clock speed..etc

I know what the clock speed means btw just why the difference in numbers from spec page on sites like Newegg and manufacturer compared to actual number.

neblogai

Distinguished
You must have purchased the 4GB version of Nitro+, it comes with 1750MHz memory, while 8GB version comes with 2000MHz speed memory. In reviews I have seen RX470 Nitro+ 4GB to overclock memory to same 2000MHz (latest drivers have a bug that lets overclock of just 50MHz, but AMD said it should get fixed in next driver release). Also, Sapphire Nitro+ is the only RX470 of all manufacturers to have memory cooled directly by the main cooler- so overclocking that memory is safe.
As for the different specs on different sites- they do not always have them right. There were lots of mistakes, especially on info of power connector type (6 or 8 pin) on RX470 and other. It is better to refer to manufacturer site (Sapphire in this case) for real specs.

Masoner

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013

I see.

Yes I bought the 4GB version, I only do 1080p gaming and it was with in my price range and 40-50% better than my previous card + it's newer tech which runs everything better over all.

Only issue I've had is 144hrz flicker, which is a software/driver issue. I have the latest drivers and it still does it. Even though they said it was fixed.