Question RX 470 Drivers not working

Nov 24, 2019
So I recently installed a used RX 470 Strix into my friend's computer as the old GTX 570 I sold him about a year ago died, and I'm having trouble with the drivers. I made sure to delete the drivers for the HD 5770 that I let him borrow in the time between his old card dying and getting the new one. When I installed the RX 470 drivers, there was no audio and I was getting error messages when opening games saying that I was missing files required to play the game. I tried to open the AMD software, but it told me that there were no AMD drivers installed on the system. I tried uninstalling the drivers with DDU and reinstalling them, but I got the same errors. Any possible fixes for this?

Nov 24, 2019
Hi!

I can't say about Nvidia (so long since I used them) but to uninstall AMDs drivers did you use AMD Cleanup utility?

https://www.amd.com/es/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

(Had the same error yesterday when I had to remove 580 and plug a 5670 one, if you just uninstall in normal mode you'll get that error). So use the utility and then install new drivers. I hope it works for you too!
I did use DDU (display driver uninstaller) to uninstall my drivers, which I'm pretty sure does the same thing as AMD cleanup software, but since I'm out of ideas I may as well try that too.