RX 470 Startup glitch

Kyle Ocenar II

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Just installed my RX 470 into the system, and whenever I start or restart the PC, the POST screen will show up and it will start loading into Windows

but once it does load into windows (once it reaches the login screen) all of a sudden the display will go black and it will stay like that until I change the HDMI port my monitor is connected to on the GPU then the display will go back to normal.

Can this be fixed? Thanks =)

Hardware Specs
I5-6400
Asus EX-H110M-V
Seasonic M12II-520W
Radeon RX 470
AMD Driver Version (18.12.3)
Windows 10

Lutfij

Titan
What was the GPU prior to your RX470? Did you uninstall your older GPU's drivers before dropping in the RX470 and installing the latest drivers off AMD's support site? You might also want to cross-check with your BIOS and see if it's the latest on Asus's support site. If you have BIOS updates pending, don't jump to the latest version, work your way up from your version to the latest.

How old is that PSU?

Kyle Ocenar II

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Yes it was though its been a year since I've installed the GPU again and the PSU is brand new. Drivers have been cleaned and I did a fresh install of windows prior to installing the latest AMD Drivers. couldnt do anything about the BIOS though as I got the latest revision already installed when I bought it.