RX 480 Causing Trouble

xgatto

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
So I'm having a lot of trouble with my rx 480 and hope you guys cam figure out whats wrong.
I bought this video card a week ago along with an xcp 530w sentey. The next day after I bought it, my pc randomly restarted while I was navigating the internet. I checked everything on my pc and couldn't find a problem so I ignored it. Two days ago again, but his time the pc turned off and I couldn't get it to start back up, the coolers came on but the keyboard/mouse/monitor never started or anything, lights off. After a while of tinkering, I changed places on my RAM and it turned on, thought it was that. So that brings us to today, I gamed last night just fine, but this morning when I tried to turn on the pc it wouldn't react at all, like not even try to start, no response, as if it were disconnected or something. I took the Rx 480 out and voila it started just fine. Put it back in, nope, won't start. Take it out again, it starts. So I use it like that for a while with my onboard graphics. I just tried to plug it in again, and it turned on, but it shut off the monitor minutes later.

What the hell is going on with my Rx 480? Does anyone have a clue?

I'm gonna change it at the store tomorrow, but I don't want to break the new one again.

My specs are:
RAM: 8gb Ddr3 1866mhhz
Mother: MSI A68HM-E33
Psu: XCP 530W Sentey
Cpu: A10 7850K

xgatto

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

You think so? What's wrong with it tho? I picked it because I thought it looked good enough

I have no clue what to look for on a PSU, aside from wattage and brand

xgatto

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Thanks for the list, I'll be picking up a tier one PSU tomorrow, I'll update the thread if this was the solution

Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS