Question RX 480 drivers not working

Jul 17, 2019
I purchased a used Sapphire Nitro RX 480 from CeX in the UK. Upon getting it fitted into my PC and installing drivers I noticed that nothing changed and when I click on the AMD manager it said I had no drivers installed even though I had just finished installing them.

I did this after wiping the previous drivers in safe mode and I have repeated this several times over trying to get it to work but to no avail. It is worth mentioning that sometimes a blue screen windows error will show up when trying to install drivers.
I feel like I have tried everything on the internet yet this thing still wont work.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The blue screen error is just "Windows has encountered a problem and needs to restart"
There is usually a bugcheck error code beneath this.
You can view details for BSOD using this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

Additionally, just as a heads up, the VS series is notoriously poor quality (especially the older units) which have caused all manner of problems, and a poor quality PSU can also cause the GPU to crash intermittently or fault when under load.

But being as this is a used GPU, I'd first be tempted to return it, stating the issues you have had, as CeX will test and verify and replace as necessary. If the issue then repeats with another GPU, then it could well be PSU. Could be other components too, but it's a matter of elimination.

Jul 17, 2019
There is usually a bugcheck error code beneath this.
You can view details for BSOD using this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

Additionally, just as a heads up, the VS series is notoriously poor quality (especially the older units) which have caused all manner of problems, and a poor quality PSU can also cause the GPU to crash intermittently or fault when under load.

But being as this is a used GPU, I'd first be tempted to return it, stating the issues you have had, as CeX will test and verify and replace as necessary. If the issue then repeats with another GPU, then it could well be PSU. Could be other components too, but it's a matter of elimination.
Thank you for the response, as I have put back my old GPU I cannot verify the specific Windows error when it crashes however I do know that I am suffering from an error code 43 when looking at the card in device manager.