[SOLVED] RX 480 Flashing

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
Hi
i recently got hold of some sapphire nitro rx 480 8gb cards which had previously been used for mining. i used gpu z to check the specs of the graphics card. in the gpu clock section it said 0 mhz and 1306 in the default clock. upon research i found out the miner probably flashed the card with a mining bios or something. i have installed the drivers but the gpu is not being shown as well as the windows is not recognising the graphics card. i can see the name of the gpu in the gpu z software so it is a legit card. i got the bios from the techpowerup site which matched the default clock speed and memory speed of the gpu and downloaded it. i used atiflash 2.94 to to browse and and pressed the program button to flash it. it flashed the card and rebooted it. And now i could see the clock speeds and temperatures were also being shown using msi afterburner and hwinfo. so the windows recognised the driver. so i ran some benchmarks and temps were a little high but the card was WORKING. i played some games and was also working fine apart from the temps which were in the 70 degrees range. i turned the pc off and turned it on the next day and all of a sudden the pc is not showing any video output. at boot the fans of the gpu were also not spinning. so i tried the gpu in another rig and also got the same result. NO OUTPUT. so is the card dead or what. what did i do wrong?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
You didn't do anything wrong. The GPU was used for mining as you said. It's an extreme use even at best conditions and has certainly greatly affected it.

TRENDING THREADS