[SOLVED] RX 480 Freezing

Hijackeddd

Prominent
Oct 30, 2019
I am having problems with my rx 480 when gaming.Even after turning enhanced sync off I am getting either blue,black or green screens.
Specs:
I5 4590
Gigabyte Rx 480 8gb g1 gaming
8 gb ddr3
Corsair GS700 bronze psu
I have set the power limit on the gpu to +10%.Not overclocked.Believe that it is a driver problem

Solution
If the kb/m stop, it sounds like some kind of driver issue. Have you tried removing the drivers with DDU in safe mode and reinstalling the latest from AMD? So you had this gpu in a different machine, and it did the same thing, did you do a clean install of Windows at the time?

Hijackeddd

Prominent
Oct 30, 2019
Those are the kind of temps i get before it crashes.Under full load.I have had this problem since i got this gpu.It doesn’t happen in games like the Master chief collection but happens in fortnite or when i am using shaders (e9) in minecraft.Another important point to note is that the keyboard and mouse stop working.Recently upgraded from an i3 4150 which also had this problem (and it was a lot worse)
Thanks for trying to help me out

Remeca

Reputable
If the kb/m stop, it sounds like some kind of driver issue. Have you tried removing the drivers with DDU in safe mode and reinstalling the latest from AMD? So you had this gpu in a different machine, and it did the same thing, did you do a clean install of Windows at the time?

Solution

Hijackeddd

Prominent
Oct 30, 2019
Sorry for my bad explanation it was the same pc (dell inspirion 3847) but I just upgraded the cpu.I did a clean reinstall of windows just a weak before getting the graphics card.I will try and rollback the drivers.Hopefully this works.Thanks for your help

TRENDING THREADS