Question RX 480 No display at all (Black screen)

Huka

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
I bought my rx 480 sapphire nitro 4gb today and i placed it in my pc everything was ok, no problems but i read that there are problems with the new drivers(BF1 STARTED CRASHING) so i thought i would delete the new ones and roll back i used DDU in safe mode i deleted drivers but suddenly my screen goes black and my pc wont restart so i do it manually (BUTTON) and the screen is black i tried everything from new cables i instaled two old cards and they work fine so wtf is going on i tried even on a tv no display whatsoever i am frustrated to [censored] pls help me, is it the RX 480 or what?

I want to add that when this happened the black screen after DDU when i pressed restart it shut down my pc and it wouldnt boot until i placed it on the ground for further inspection. Don't know but it just booted this time so i am perplexed, is it a faulty GPU?

And before i entered safe mode to uninstal the new RX 480 drivers my pc BSOD with this error amdkmdag.sys

My specs:
CPU: RZYEN 3 1200 3.1 GHZ
MOBO:ASROCK A320M-DGS
RAM: ADATA GAMMIX D10 8GB 2666
SSD:WD GREEN M.2 SATA SSD240GB
PSU:SEASONIC S12 II 520W 80+ BRONZE
CURRENT GPU: GAINWARD GTX 750 2GB it looks like my PCI-E slot works fine so i am confused what is the matter

Note i also DDU(in safe mode) the old nvidia drivers before installing the card(RX 480).
And i cleared CMOS, nothing helps.

Please help

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020
Had a similar problem with the same gpu using r5 3600x b450m mortarmax, Returned it and the new one also blacked out. Returned and added 20 bucks for a RX 580 4gb and worked pretty well

Huka

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
Well its been a long time I should probably close this thread thank you for replying i actually returned the GPU got a new one rx 580 this time works like a charm.