Question RX 480. No signal detect on Monitor from GPU.

Gamer Singh

Reputable
May 18, 2016
Specs:-
Cpu- I5 6500
Mobo- Gigabyte GA-H110m-s2
Monitor- Benq xl2411
Ram- Corsaire vengeance 3000Mhz 8gb (x2)
Gpu- Rx480 sapphire nitro 8gb
PSU- Antec VP550P V2
SSD and HDD- 860 Evo 500gb and 1 TB WD.

2 days ago my Pc was working fine. Yesterday I open my cabinet and start clearing my parts with air and microfibre cloth. I removed all my parts and doing cable management for better airflow. After assembling my components I restarted my pc. There was no signal on the monitor but my fans, GPU fans, ram, processor working. For confirming my other parts are working I used my old VGA cable from the motherboard to monitor. Pc is working fine but my GPU is not getting detected by my PC in Device.
My monitor is connected with GPU by dual-link DVI-d cable. I also tried brand new HDMI cable but No signal on my monitor from GPU.
Bios is old but it was never updated before this issue. So Everything was working fine in factory mode.
Ask me more questions and I will reply ASAP. I am adding IMG file of my bios and error. View: https://imgur.com/a/Mv4bkqt

Please help me in fixing this issue. I have no plan to upgrade or buy new components in 2020.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have seen many posts about PC not properly working after pulling apart components for cleaning. It usually ends up being a cable missed or something not plugged in right. Check PSU cables (both sides if modular) and board connections to the motherboard. Check video cable isn't now being intruded by the case slightly restricting full plug insertion if port is close to an edge.

Beyond simple mistakes (no one is exempt), i doubt it's hardware failure unless not a lot of care was done during the process. Check things over again.

Imo, don't really need to pull components out for cleaning, just compressed air outside will do. Just don't let the fans spin from forced air. A kebab stick is good for holding any fans still.

Gamer Singh

Reputable
May 18, 2016
I rechecked all my cables. Everything is connected. I have connected HDMI as well but no signal response from any cable from GPU. GPU fans are working fine. I reinstalled my GPU on the motherboard. I can hear the clear click sound. Any other tip?

Checking my GPU in another motherboard is my last way to confirm if it is a GPU problem or Slot.
Is that enough or my GPU can go deeper? (it will take hard force)

Gamer Singh

Reputable
May 18, 2016
Yeah, see if that helps. The motherboard may have freaked out with parts going everywhere and resetting bios might help it calm down.
I tried clear CMOS. Nothing changed. When I reinstalled my GPU it shows no signal on my screen but chrome/youtube was running behind without login(Sound was coming from Headphones). Is that weird?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It is weird. Seems like the hardware itself is communicating properly between them for a successful boot. I wonder if something happened to the video ports.

Check the ports and maybe blow some compressed air inside and clean with isopropyl/alcohol.

Gamer Singh

Reputable
May 18, 2016
It is weird. Seems like the hardware itself is communicating properly between them for a successful boot. I wonder if something happened to the video ports.

Check the ports and maybe blow some compressed air inside and clean with isopropyl/alcohol.
I lost my hope. Nothing worked out. Anything else I should try? The last thing is I will try is installing my GPU on friend's mobo.

Gamer Singh

Reputable
May 18, 2016
Yeah try gpu on a different computer and try theirs on yours if possible.
I tried my GPU on my 12-year-old PC(Dual-core with 1 Gb ddr3 ram XD ). My GPU working fine. So the real culprit is PCI-E 16 slot. We failed but it's good to know the reason behind that error. Thank you for all your support. I am not going to buy a new motherboard. Thinking to sell my GPU for now. I will make my new pc build in 2021-22 with Nvidia 3xxx GPU and AMD Zen 4 CPU. :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah who knows what happened. In future, be careful if use air compressor or compressed air that moisture has a chance to dry. Compressed air can shake well before use and a compressor, leave valve fully open after use so tank doesn't buildup with condensation.