RX 480 not showing a display, looking for a way to set intel hd as primary display source to install drivers for rx 480

Apr 16, 2018
Good evening to all who come across this,

So i have been stumped for the last 24 hours. bought myself an RX 480 which i personally saw working and everything was fine (craigslist purchase). brought it home to install into my PC and im not getting anything on my display natively through the card. Not via dvi or hdmi. which i thought odd, so i am currently running off of my intel chip via mobo, but i can not finish the install of the amd drivers without the card in place as it scans for hardware then erases its steps once it doesn't detect new hardware.

So my question for you guys would be to help guide me in setting my intel HD 4000 as the primary source so i can have the card in place for the scan so i can proceed with the driver install. Or if you have any other trouble shooting ideas as to how i can get the new card to give me a display it would be amazing.

I have already uninstalled all previous drivers for my gtx 660 that i had in there. I have cleared my CMOS, i have reseated the ram.

specs as followed

i7-3770
Gigabyte GA-277-D3H
16gb 1600 mhz corsair vengeance
OCZ ZX Series 1250W
256gb OCZ SSD
2tb seagate HDD
MSI GamingX RX 480

Apr 16, 2018

Apr 16, 2018
I finally came across my issue. I was under the Impression the bios were updated from the previous owner but they had not. Quickly flashed the latest bios in and I got hooked up right away! That's for your reply