Question RX 480 PC not booting?

May 29, 2019
So i'm a console gamer but i recently got a pc which consisted of

•RX 480 4GB XFX version

•8GB ram

•600W coolermaster power supply

•MSI H61M-e23

•i5 2500

But whenever i install the gpu the fans keep running and the pc doesn't boot whatsoever. I tried removing the gpu and onboard graphics work. About my gpu a friend bhought it and tested it for me so it works.

1) Go into your BIOS and see if the setting for graphics is set to onboard graphics. I don't know where to find it since I haven't used your motherboard, so you'll have to look for it yourself. When you find it, change it to PCI-E, or Automatic, if it has the option.

2) Did you plug in the power connector from the power supply onto the graphics card?

3) Do you have an additional graphics card lying around? It might be that your PCI-E slot is faulty, which I hope it isn't, because it (most likely) has no fix.

Did you plug in the PCI-e/PEG connectors/cables to the GPU ? Try updating your system BIOS, if using an older version. Also, clear/reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default, if need be.....Is the Monitor's cable plugged into the GPU, and not the onboard graphics ?

May 29, 2019
1)i opened up the bios and its running a 2011 version and doesn't seem to have any setting for graphics

2)yes

3) i have another somewhat older pc i pulled its gpu out and installed it on the slot and it works.

4) all my display connectors are plugged into my graphics card

What exact Coolermaster PSU do you have?
Does the fans on the GPU spin?
Although I doubt this is your case, I recently bought an RX480 and it would give a picture, but error 43 and it wouldn't run anything more than the desktop. I had to reflash the cards vbios.

nabru50

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
I have the same issue with my RX 480. Its in a Sandy Bridge system detailed here. After some more research, its really starting to look like a lot of Sandy Bridge Intel CPUs or their chipsets are conflicting with the RX 480 somehow. Did you ever get this figured out?