[SOLVED] Rx 480 sapphire nitro OC 8gb bios

ImAjE_

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016
is it safe/indicate to flash the stock refference rx 480 bios to this card? (the one with the stock clock frequency of 1266mhz)

Solution
You can run your GPU at whatever frequency you want by using AMD's WattMan utility that's already running in the driver software. Here's a guide. Run it at 1000MHz if you want.

Also, by manually setting voltages instead of using Auto voltage, you reduce power draw. Which can be helpful in situations like yours where you have a potentially underpowered PSU.

My undervolted MSI RX480 Gaming X does 1300MHz @ 1020mV which puts it at 73C @ 1200rpm on the fans. Auto voltage grabs >30W more than that for the same frequency.

ImAjE_

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016
is there an issue with the card?
giving artifacts in games . tried it with an 400w psu with 300w on 12v rail perhaps too little. will try it tomorrow with a 650w psu and if it's same issue i'll try reflash a stock bios anyways as i don't get any answer from nobody on 5 forums i've posted.

You can run your GPU at whatever frequency you want by using AMD's WattMan utility that's already running in the driver software. Here's a guide. Run it at 1000MHz if you want.

Also, by manually setting voltages instead of using Auto voltage, you reduce power draw. Which can be helpful in situations like yours where you have a potentially underpowered PSU.

My undervolted MSI RX480 Gaming X does 1300MHz @ 1020mV which puts it at 73C @ 1200rpm on the fans. Auto voltage grabs >30W more than that for the same frequency.

Solution

ImAjE_

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016

what is the default voltage? i want it to be at 1266mhz , what voltage should i set it to ? the refference card is working at 1266mhz but nowhere is stated the voltage

TRENDING THREADS