[SOLVED] RX 550 4GB vram detection issue

Dec 30, 2020
My RX 550 4GB is showing up as only 2GB both in games and in hardware detector apps, as well as in the AMD control panel. Is there a way for me to fix this?

Solution
When HDD prices were crazy a few years ago, people would purchase high capacity external HDDs. They would then take home, remove the actual HDD from the enclosure and replace with a smaller capacity HDD and return it.

When in the enclosure, it looked perfectly fine, with all the right visual indicators. It wasn't until actually checked (often by the next customer) that the fraud was detected.
Dec 30, 2020
My RX 550 4GB is showing up as only 2GB both in games and in hardware detector apps, as well as in the AMD control panel. Is there a way for me to fix this?
thats the link
and even the sticker description at the back of the card says 4gb

COLGeek

Cybernaut
When HDD prices were crazy a few years ago, people would purchase high capacity external HDDs. They would then take home, remove the actual HDD from the enclosure and replace with a smaller capacity HDD and return it.

When in the enclosure, it looked perfectly fine, with all the right visual indicators. It wasn't until actually checked (often by the next customer) that the fraud was detected.

Solution