Status
Not open for further replies.

NotTheTechGuy

Honorable
Jun 14, 2017
Hey forum people!!
i am desperate and i need help ..
So my friend gave me his rx 550 pulse 4gb because it had problems with drivers on windows 10 and he bought a new one. I got the card plugged it and wow IT WORKS ! well with no drivers though. So i went and downloaded the latest amd drivers recommended 20.4.something and i was like WOW so his pc had the problem right? wow ! well no... when i restarted the pc and got to where the windows logo shows my screen had like weird blue shade boxes and at the bottom right it had this like RGB pixel things .Well my pc rebooted itself(probably because it knew it had a problem) and the same thing happened wow weird i thought so is it a problem with the latest drivers and this card? Hm so i booted into my linux distro (i have dual boot) but the card works perfectly fine there no problems at all so i thought its 100% a windows problem ( pfft windows sucks)so i booted into safe mode uninstalled the drivers and i searched throughout the desert lands known as the internet and all i came up with was EY I CAN FLASH THE BIOS CHIP MAYBE THATS THE PROBLEM(it wasnt.. and i completely <Mod Edit> myself over) long story short i bricked my gpu (im smart as <Mod Edit>) and managed to save this poor thing by 1-8 pin with a paper clip and after all my hard work yes it works well works as in like before driverless.... now i again roamed the desert land known as the internet and i found a reddit post about a guy having the same problem and i tought cool yea maybe he fixed it well.. i looked closer and would you look at that a crypto mining subreddit....... well maybe it doesnt matter. so he wrote that basically every driver after 17.7.2 doesnt work for him so i got an idea, maybe its not about the drivers at all maybe its just the current version . So i downloaded 4 different driver releases(from official amd ofcourse) i got a late 2019 one an early 2019 one and a mid 2018 one well.... they didnt work (pretty dope) btw all this time whenever i installed drivers the same blue screen weird thing happened so i had to reboot like 20 times for my pc to load just so i can go to safe mode and do it all over again... anyways i was desperate so i downloaded a last one THE 17.7.2 the guy said and guess what IT WORKS WOW pretty dope well not really cause the drivers are so old even a game was like : bro update your god damn drivers (rainbow six siege) and windows also told me to do the same thing with a blue screen :) anyways so im desperate can anyone hook me up with a driver dealer ?o.o jokes aside is there a way to fix this or am i just gonna be stuck in the past 2017 when everything was much more fun?

also sorry for the the essay i had to explain everything i did so you guys would understand what i tried to do and what i didnt
thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

NotTheTechGuy

Honorable
Jun 14, 2017
i just realised how huge this is and how much people will not wanna read it so heres the gist of it:
rx 550 driver problem on windows 10
anything after 17.7.2 just breaks my windows 10
i wanna know if theres a way to update to newer drivers without having this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.