Question RX 550 has no display but fan is spinning and sometimes it does give display ?

Dec 29, 2022
hello im new at this forum
and i have issue that my rx550 no display the gpu is like almost 1 year but I use it carefully and don't do overclocking, especially for games with high resolution

and this is my specification of my pc
MOTHERBOARD : INTEL H61 (IDK THE MODELS)
RAM : 16 GB DDR 3
CPU : INTEL I5 3570
STORAGE : HDD 500 GB SEAGATE, SSD 128 GB
GPU : POWERCOLOR RX 550 4GB GDDR5

i tried all solution from all forum in a google,duck,anything
like uninstalling all gpu driver with a ddu in a safe mode
trying to clean it... and etc
but yeah still no signal on my monitor

if i doing a remote with AnyDesk it can connect and it enters Windows without problems but the resolution is the smallest and no VGA is detected.

293950358_781527439814669_1168841128748065877_n.jpg

but the weird thing is, there is sometimes a display while I'm installing a driver in a remote using AnyDesk.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Will the system boot into Safe Mode?

Next time you get display look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and informational events that occured just before or at the times when display failed.

Dec 29, 2022
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Will the system boot into Safe Mode?

Next time you get display look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and informational events that occured just before or at the times when display failed.
im using a fsp psu and they are used, but not long like 3 month and that was my friend psu and i bought them the psu was fine for almost 1 year after my gpu goes no display

the system does not in the safe mode

and my gpu was no displaying again for 1 month idk why, but in october the gpu could displaying up like 1 week for 3 times

Ralston18

Titan
Manually download and install drivers via the applicable manufacturer website.

No third party installers or tools.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Next, if and as necessary, power down, unplug, open the case.

Noted that you "cleaned" but take another look and carefully remove any remaining dust & debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Unplug and replug as necessary to be sure.

Use a bright flashlight and inspect for signs of damage.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Dec 29, 2022
hello so i was reaching out that my gpu in device manager says the error code 43

the problem is yesterday I didn't realize that it turned out that my gpu was experiencing error code 43

so? can this be the problem in the bios?

this is the image that showed up code 43, btw yesterday my gpu going display and i take that time to patching the gpu bios but it doesnt work it says the rom cannot find or something else, and i was benchmarking this gpu to checking if the gpu still good or no
and the benchmarking was good it still playable with games
Untitled.png

hello so i was reaching out that my gpu in device manager says the error code 43

the problem is yesterday I didn't realize that it turned out that my gpu was experiencing error code 43

so? can this be the problem in the bios?

this is the image that showed up code 43, btw yesterday my gpu going display and i take that time to patching the gpu bios but it doesnt work it says the rom cannot find or something else, and i was benchmarking this gpu to checking if the gpu still good or no
and the benchmarking was good it still playable with games
Untitled.png
Why did you flash the vBIOS?

Dec 29, 2022
Why did you flash the vBIOS?
So yesterday I did research on how to deal with code 43 on the VGA card and I found the most logical answer, namely by flashing the bios but I also don't know if my VGA has been replaced/modified.

but when I try to use ati flash, the application can't be opened

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
So yesterday I did research on how to deal with code 43 on the VGA card and I found the most logical answer, namely by flashing the bios but I also don't know if my VGA has been replaced/modified.

but when I try to use ati flash, the application can't be opened

This is actually the least logical answer. You don't start playing with vBIOS for a general hardware code unless you've eliminated all other things and/or there was a direct reason to think that there was a vBIOS issue. You've now made the issue more complicated; we still don't have all the basic information about your PC ("some used FSP PSU is not a specific model") nor any indication that you tried the basic things that @Ralston18 suggested. It would be better to be systematic about the things suggested rather than randomly try new things that have good odds of making everything worse.

Dec 29, 2022
so here I don't flash the bios because when I try to just open the APP the error appears THE ROM CANNOT BE READ SO I can't really do FLASHING

and the PSU model that I use is the FSP HYDRO model WITH 500 WATT CAPACITY 80+ BRONZE

Dec 29, 2022
This is actually the least logical answer. You don't start playing with vBIOS for a general hardware code unless you've eliminated all other things and/or there was a direct reason to think that there was a vBIOS issue. You've now made the issue more complicated; we still don't have all the basic information about your PC ("some used FSP PSU is not a specific model") nor any indication that you tried the basic things that @Ralston18 suggested. It would be better to be systematic about the things suggested rather than randomly try new things that have good odds of making everything worse.
can i try with another motherboard??