Question RX 560 2GB keeps causing my PC to restart.

BlookyDJ

Reputable
Mar 1, 2019
I didn't touch this card after something that spooked me a bit back, but to shorten it, Steam VR Benchmark causes GPU to go absolutely ham on the video feed.
Anyway, I put this in my PC again to see if anything had changed, the card worked fine up until I threw it into the 3DMark Fire Strike benchmark, screen went black midway and the PC restarted, with Event ID 41, This same error code would appear 5 more times as I tried to finish the benchmark, I finally did with a score of 5229 but is there any current fix or diagnosis for this?
Something also odd, is that when this GPU is connected, my PC sees an Extra 6GB of ram out of nowhere.
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W PSU
Hybrid Storage: 128GB SSD (Almost full)/1TB HDD (A couple hundred gigabytes left)

Last edited:

BlookyDJ

Reputable
Mar 1, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?
Added them to the post, however I doubt either of those are part of the issue since I had a different GPU installed and there weren't any issues then.

Ralston18

Titan
Question -- Hybrid Storage: 128GB SSD (Almost full) - is that the boot drive (C:)?

If so, the drive is about 1/2 the capacity that it needs to be. 240 GB minimum plus not going much beyond 80% full.

How is virtual memory being managed? Did you change the configuration or is Windows managing the configuration?

BlookyDJ

Reputable
Mar 1, 2019
Question -- Hybrid Storage: 128GB SSD (Almost full) - is that the boot drive (C:)?

If so, the drive is about 1/2 the capacity that it needs to be. 240 GB minimum plus not going much beyond 80% full.

How is virtual memory being managed? Did you change the configuration or is Windows managing the configuration?
What do you mean by virtual memory?
Also, the SSD is the boot drive.

Ralston18

Titan
Virtual Memory. Operating systems have the ability/capability to set aside dedicated drive space to use as if that space was memory. When memory was very costly virtual memory was a way to store code and data so it could be retrieved faster.

Doing so required that 1) drive space was available and, 2 that that space was a contiguous as possible. One big storage area all together versus a bunch of scattered spaces all around the drive.

You can use Resource Monitor to check your system.

FYI via Microsoft. More explanation and what you can do.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/e36fb5bc-9ac8-49af-951c-e7d39b979938

Check your system and do a couple of screen captures. Then post the captures here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

That will either verify the problem or, if my suspicions are wrong, help identify the possible culprit.