RX 560 2GB(+SSD) or GTX 1050 to boost my system most efficiently?

DaDiRa

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
I have a very basic desktop PC and I'm looking to upgrade it using 100-130€. Prices are different in my country and my budget is tight, so any different suggestions are welcome but may not fit.

After looking for different options (including adding more RAM), I concluded that I should either buy an RX 560 for 110€ and a cheap SSD for ~20€ or go for a GTX 1050 for ~130€.
I have no idea about bottlenecking and what is better for my system, though. I'm not looking for a few more FPS in video-games nor want to play the newest games (or older games on ultra settings). So if these GPUs are an overkill I don't mind buying a cheaper one and spending more on an SSD, extra RAM or anything that might be a smarter, more efficient upgrade. Any help will be appreciated. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD A10-7850K
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 797MHz (11-11-11-28)
Mobo: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A88XM-A/USB 3.1 (FM2+ )
(No GPU, I use the processor's graphics)
HDD: 465GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 (SATA )
Audio Card: ASUS Xonar DG
Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1

Solution
Right, well a SSD wont make the games faster, it just makes it much faster in normal use.

The 1050 is a little faster, but not much.

No issues with bottlenecks really, you do have a slow cpu, but these are low end graphics cards so will be fine.

Lutfij

Titan
SSD in question? If it's not good, it's not worth spending on an SSD at all. You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. On your system the most efficient way to get the most out of it would be to go for DDR3-1866MHz/2400MHz ram kit, pair it with an SSD and then perform a mild overclock but that route wont be cheap. If you do go for a GTX1050, pick up a GTX1050Ti 4GB and not the 2GB version.

DaDiRa

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013

I didn't have a specific SSD in mind. I've just seen 120GB SSDs at 20€ and was thinking of buying one if I have spare budget. What are the specs I should look at, what makes it a "good" one?
My PSU is a generic 600W PSU. The model is FORCE FO27XD.
As for the 1050Ti at 4GB, it's way out of my budget. About 40% with the current prices.

I mean, I'm not looking for that slight difference of 5 extra fps when turning on that extra setting that makes the game look slightly better. I am looking to be able to play more games overall, I'll just be more than okay with anything that performs nicely even if I have to lower the graphics. My point here is that if the RX 560 is only slightly worse than 1050 (that extra little something I mentioned), I'll go for the cheaper one (unless there are other reasons not to).

What about bottleneck? Is my system going to be okay with either one of these GPUs?

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Right, well a SSD wont make the games faster, it just makes it much faster in normal use.

The 1050 is a little faster, but not much.

No issues with bottlenecks really, you do have a slow cpu, but these are low end graphics cards so will be fine.

Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

I think that's actually 1600Mhz RAM.

But, do the older AMDs get much benefit with faster RAM the way the Ryzen chips do? I was of the impression that they didn't...

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

APUs do just because they dont have dedicated vram, but if you arent using the IGPU any more, then it doesnt make much difference.