Question RX 560 4 GB Gigabyte

May 30, 2024
Can anyone help me to find out why my RX 560 Gigabyte shows in GPUZ and in Adrenalin
GPU
ASUS Radeon RX 560 Series

Why ASUS?

Attached is GPUZ screen.

And second question is why the card still spining not uder 1400 RPM while cold lets say 30-40 C

I owned before another RX 560 and it has 0 RPM till 40-50 C

But this one not goes below 1400 RPM

Any idea ?
thx

Where is the GPU-Z screenshot ? I don't see any pic/image uploaded here. Also, post FULL PC specs as well.

Which Power supply unit are you using ? Also post the AMD software Adrenalin screenshot where it shows the GPU model as ASUS.

And second question is why the card still spining not uder 1400 RPM while cold lets say 30-40 C

I owned before another RX 560 and it has 0 RPM till 40-50 C

But this one not goes below 1400 RPM

Any idea ?

Depends on the exact GPU model you currently have. Some GPU models have the Fan STOP 0dB tech feature, which means the fans won't spin until a certain temp threshold has been reached, e.g. 60 C.

Whereas some GPU models will have the fans spin continuously, regardless of the current temp value of the card.

Some of the specs of the card seems to be altered. Shader count and the TMU especially. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-560.c2940

Did you alter or change the BIOS ? Could be a firmware/BIOS tinkering as well. Else, the card specs for most part seem legit, unless it has been faked.

Btw, I don't see any HWInfo screen attached here though.

Click on the "Lookup" TAB/button on the GPU-Z screen. It should take you to the database maintained by TPU.

If not, then as advised here, please follow the TPU forum instructions here. They can check the BIOS, and provide more insight.

Last edited:
PS 600W ECO+

That's one poor quality PSU, unless I'm mistaken. Eurocase brand or some other ?

Red Flag::

It is intended for desktop computers, meets the 90 Plus certification . Erh,
What ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
On your other post i asked you to save the BIOS currently flashed in it and post it so i can take a look in it to check the details.
I saw that you don't answer there so i ask again here the same thing.

May 30, 2024
Some of the specs of the card seems to be altered. Shader count and the TMU especially. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-560.c2940

Did you alter or change the BIOS ? Could be a firmware/BIOS tinkering as well. Else, the card specs for most part seem legit, unless it has been faked.

Btw, I don't see any HWInfo screen attached here though.

Click on the "Lookup" TAB/button on the GPU-Z screen. It should take you to the database maintained by TPU.

If not, then as advised here, please follow the TPU forum instructions here. They can check the BIOS, and provide more insight.

1)
Its this one
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rx-560-oc-4-gb.b5246

it has 896 Cores

2)
HWinfo is second last picture

May 30, 2024
That's one poor quality PSU, unless I'm mistaken. Eurocase brand or some other ?

Red Flag::

It is intended for desktop computers, meets the 90 Plus certification . Erh,
What ? :rolleyes:

PSU is ok, I used it for RX 570 which has a lot more consuption the RX 560 and it worked very well.
Probably not top one but so far no problems.

Apr 19, 2024
Yes it is possible to edit. How do you think that the miners did it ?
On your card, the BIOS it seems to be original. It was not modded for mining.
Probably you didn't had the exact same model like this.
Each producer makes it's own variant of BIOS.
In your case, the producer probably wanted to have some RPM under 40 degrees. Who knows.
In case you want to flash it, here is the original BIOS for your card.
Remember to keep the original BIOS in a safe place in case we need it to revert to it.
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/197756/gigabyte-rx560d-4096-171031

I opened the original BIOS and i compared to your BIOS. Seems identical, so no point in flashing it.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS