[SOLVED] RX 560 crashing

Determinator

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
After installing a Radeon RX 560 in a new system all seemed well until it started freezing with a blank screen. I updated to the latest Adrenalin 19.11.2 driver but no help. ???

The system: Gigabyte B450 M MB
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb memory
XFX RX560 2Gb video card
Crucial 500 Gb SSD
WD Black 1Tb HDD
Seasonic FOCUS SGX-650 PS
Corsair 88R case

Determinator

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
If you used to have other GPU before, when you upgrade the GPU, you should use the DDU to uninstall the GPU driver before you put the new one in.

DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

If you can use the PC, or still have the old gpu, use it and download the DDU to uninstall the gpu driver, then switch to the rx560, reinstall the driver again.
I downloaded DDU then ran it and installed the Adrenalin 19.11.3 driver. It seems to be working so far... The GPU fan seems to be running OK for a change :) although WattMan says it is not :-( .

Determinator

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
If you used to have other GPU before, when you upgrade the GPU, you should use the DDU to uninstall the GPU driver before you put the new one in.

DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

If you can use the PC, or still have the old gpu, use it and download the DDU to uninstall the gpu driver, then switch to the rx560, reinstall the driver again.

I used DDU to uninstall the old driver and installed the Radeon Adrenalin 19.11.3 driver. On advice of AMD support, I also updated the MB chipset driver to current. WattMan still says the GPU fan is not running but visual inspecion shows the fan spinning using a manually defined fan profile with "0 RPM" turned off. WattMan shows the GPU temperature running at 30 -45 C but who knows if this is correct ?

Determinator

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I used DDU to uninstall the old driver and installed the Radeon Adrenalin 19.11.3 driver. On advice of AMD support, I also updated the MB chipset driver to current. WattMan still says the GPU fan is not running but visual inspecion shows the fan spinning using a manually defined fan profile with "0 RPM" turned off. WattMan shows the GPU temperature running at 30 -45 C but who knows if this is correct ?

I just had another crash today. I don't know if upgrading the BIOS from F32 to a newer version will do any good. Searching on Google, it looks like a BIOS update is an "iffy" proposition. Ideas ?