Question Rx 560 might be faulty??

Jan 6, 2022
Hello,recently i bought Asus Rx 560 4gb very cheap from some guy claiming its not working.I paid 40 euros for it so i can try to mess around with it and try to fix it eventually.First time i plugged it in the pc i got no display from the card so i restarted my pc and switched to integrated graphics.I turned pc on again and Rx 560 was showing in my device manager so i decided to download drivers for the card.After installing drivers i rebooted my pc and thats when i started runing into problems.Since downloading drivers i could not start my pc without it freezing when launching windows,even though i was still using integrated graphics,rx 560 was still in the pc tho.After few times trying to start pc i removed the Rx 560 and tried to run pc without it,first time it failed and second time it started working properly.After booting in windows i turned it off and plugged in Rx 560 again (just keep in mind this entire time im not trying to use rx 560 for display,im using integrated graphics).
And again same thing happend when i plugged the card back in.After trying to start windows i get black screen and i need to reset pc.Any1 got idea what is causing this problem.I just wana try to get in to windows to try and flash new bios on the card to see if it solves the problem of not giving any signal.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

It'd be a good idea if you could parse a link to the GPU you have in your hands. Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. If you're on Windows 10, include the OS version(not the edition). Flashing the VBIOS should always be the last option on your to-do list when troubleshooting, not at the 50% mark.

Jan 10, 2022
Hello,recently i bought Asus Rx 560 4gb very cheap from some guy claiming its not working.I paid 40 euros for it so i can try to mess around with it and try to fix it eventually.First time i plugged it in the pc i got no display from the card so i restarted my pc and switched to integrated graphics.I turned pc on again and Rx 560 was showing in my device manager so i decided to download drivers for the card.After installing drivers i rebooted my pc and thats when i started runing into problems.Since downloading drivers i could not start my pc without it freezing when launching windows,even though i was still using integrated graphics,rx 560 was still in the pc tho.After few times trying to start pc i removed the Rx 560 and tried to run pc without it,first time it failed and second time it started working properly.After booting in windows i turned it off and plugged in Rx 560 again (just keep in mind this entire time im not trying to use rx 560 for display,im using integrated graphics).
And again same thing happend when i plugged the card back in.After trying to start windows i get black screen and i need to reset pc.Any1 got idea what is causing this problem.I just wana try to get in to windows to try and flash new bios on the card to see if it solves the problem of not giving any signal.

[edit] Nothing to see here, sorry for the noise... I think the issue was surely a tilted DVI connector into monitor. Plugged it good and fastened the screws and now it works again...

My RX560 suddenly stopped working on my Win 10 system an hour ago today. Now I'm looking for driver issues on the internet. The video is blank but the system is responsive in the background. It starts and I have video in safe mode. The card still 'works' in BIOS so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

It works also in normal mode when Windows lists some Microsoft 'default' driver (after I uninstall the Microsoft RX560 driver). It breaks shortly after when Windows automatically updates it. I tried using whatever AMD has latest today instead of the one that came with Windows Updates but I have the same issues.

I'll try using an older AMD driver if nothing easier works.

[my system is AMD R9 5900, 64GB RAM, RX560, Asrock B450 ]

Last edited: