Question RX 560 stuttering windows etc.

Jun 29, 2019
Hi guys, i need your help - yesterday i installed my new RX 560 4gb. I downloaded drivers from the official website through automatic recognition of hardware, it installed drivers. Everything went fine. Later after few hours it showed message : radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure. no black screen or anything..and i was like okay, well that happens, no visible changes..i turned computer off. Today i start my computer and i notice when i browse through chrome its stuttering.. so i checked if its not mouse, or if its not properly set up, but that was fine..than i open some folder and i notice when i move that "window" its stuttering aswell.. i have the newest update of drivers, so what might be wrong? ..also i used DDU to uninstal all graphic drivers..and install it again, same thing - stuttering.

Jun 29, 2019
Oh, sure, sorry
Motherboard : GIGABYTE 970a-ds3
Procesor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE Quad-core(125W), 3400 MHz, Box, socket AM3(deneb)
Graphic card: Sapphire radeon pulse RX 560 4gb
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
RAM: Corsair 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Vengeance
Be Quiet! Pure Power L7-530W 80plus
HDD: SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Have you installed all latest Windows Updates and also installed the latest GPU drivers via this link?
Does the issue still occur in safe mode? (in this case being as it is constantly occuring, it could bhe an easy way to identify if it is software causing the problem)
Have you run an SFC/Scannow just to verify that corruption isn't causing an issue?
Are you running any overclock anywhere at all?

Jun 29, 2019
its the same in safe mode, stuttering.. about the windows update..well, i have win 7 , that is ..not entirely official.. and now when i try to find new updates, it can not. I am runing sfc scan now so i let you know. And no, i do not have anything overclocked.

/edit - sfc scan did not find anything corrupted

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
And the issue only started occuring once you installed the new GPU?

If so, then either your GPU could be faulty, did you have a previous GPU you can retry to see if the issue disappears?
Or the PSU could potentially be faulty and struggling since the GPU install - i know that the be Quiet! L8 aren't great quality, and from my understanding the L7 are a downgrade from that.
Are you running any overclock anywhere?

Jun 29, 2019
Well the old one was dying and i had artifacts on screen, so thats why i got this one, so trying other one, is not the option ( i do not have another card). and this RX 560 was working normally, i installed drivers and everything was fine.. but next day problems started. But the hardware is compatible, everything was working fine before.. might the reinstal to windows 10 help? .. i do not run any overclock

D

Deleted member 14196

Clean install windows 10 and it should work properly and get the windows image from Microsoft don’t steal

D

Deleted member 14196

You don’t need to pay for it you can use it for free as long as you like. You just won’t be able to change your background wallpapering. You don’t need pro unless you are going to Connect corporate network’s or want to remote desktop into your machine

Jun 29, 2019
Okay, i got windows 10, i have not played any games yet..just browsing on chrome and through windows..everything is fine now, no stuttering.. but i will have to install new drivers..soo i hope everything will be fine. Any tool to get the newest drivers from motherboard and etc? ..so i do not have to find everything manually piece by piece?