[SOLVED] RX 560 Upgrade Recommendations? (Specs In Post)

D

Deleted member 2495892

Looking for upgrade options, I was thinking a 1660 or a 1060. And yes, I DO know that the FX 8350 will bottleneck newer and faster GPU's, but I have looked at benchmarks comparing the 560 to a 1060 with this processor and the difference is very noticeable. Anyway, I need to know what the best graphics card to upgrade to would be with my setup. The point of this thread is to find something that is affordable, higher performance than my current GPU, and won't have performance that will be heavily bottlenecked by my CPU. I am also planning on upgrading my Power Supply along with my GPU, so you don't need to worry about my power output! (Ram will also be upgraded soon, again, just looking for GPU suggestions at this time.)

Specs:
GPU: RX 560 2GB
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 (upgrading to 16gb)
CPU: FX 8350 w/ AMD Wraith Cooler
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
450W Corsair PSU (upgrading to a 650w PSU)

Solution
Thanks for the reply :)
My current PSU is a VS450, it's a lower grade corsair that I bought on a whim due to my old one breaking. The one I'm thinking about getting next is the Corsair TX650M 80 Plus Gold. I'm not entirely sure about overclocking the FX 8350, but I could always give it a go if performance is lacking, thanks for the tip. And yeah, the 1660 I think would be pretty good for this system, but I was just wondering if there were any other options that could be more appropriate for my current setup. If other people agree that the 1660 would be a good option though I'll just go for it.
Ok then for sure change it the VS series is not for gaming pc's. I have tried TXM series and is decent but if the difference is not that...
I believe 1660/1060 will be at the max the 8350 can handle. Also it depends on the game too. If you go and play a cpu intensive game like Battlefield V then you probably notice bottlenecks with both cards but in other gpu intensive games then probably not or not that much. Also the gtx 1060 have minimum 400W PSU and gtx 1660 have minimum 450W PSU so your psu should be enough. What is the exact model because corsair 450w is really general. Also overclocking the cpu will help. I would mostly recommend to get 1660 because its a newer architecture card with faster gddr6 vram and will perform around 15% better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2495892

I believe 1660/1060 will be at the max the 8350 can handle. Also it depends on the game too. If you go and play a cpu intensive game like Battlefield V then you probably notice bottlenecks with both cards but in other gpu intensive games then probably not or not that much. Also the gtx 1060 have minimum 400W PSU and gtx 1660 have minimum 450W PSU so your psu should be enough. What is the exact model because corsair 450w is really general. Also overclocking the cpu will help. I would mostly recommend to get 1660 because its a newer architecture card with faster gddr6 vram and will perform around 15% better.

My current PSU is a VS450, it's a lower grade corsair that I bought on a whim due to my old one breaking. The one I'm thinking about getting next is the Corsair TX650M 80 Plus Gold. I'm not entirely sure about overclocking the FX 8350, but I could always give it a go if performance is lacking, thanks for the tip. And yeah, the 1660 I think would be pretty good for this system, but I was just wondering if there were any other options that could be more appropriate for my current setup. If other people agree that the 1660 would be a good option though I'll just go for it.

Ok then for sure change it the VS series is not for gaming pc's. I have tried TXM series and is decent but if the difference is not that big you can look for Seasonic Focus plus or Corsair RMx because you will get 10Years warranty rather 7 years with probably 10-15$ more. Also you should look for AMD RX 580 8gb gpu because they are going for really cheap at the moment and you will probably get the best value.

Solution