Question Rx 5600 xt or rtx 2060?

poorbugger

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
So here's my pros and cons for these 2 gpus. Currently in my region, the sapphire pulse rx 5600 xt (bios updated) is same priced as zotac rtx 2060 twin fan. Please help me choose a gpu for my friend's build. He's playing at 1080p@75hz monitor. He doesnt play shooter games so fps isnt really a big thing it would be nice to maintain 60 fps or above. We live in southeast asia so ambient temp is around 30 to 35C.

Rtx 2060
Pros
More stable drivers
Ray tracing
Dlss

Cons
Entry level card for ray tracing. I do not feel like this card can handle ray tracing well for future titles (struggling with some of the current ones already) without losing too much performance.
Dlss isnt implemented in most games. Yes future games will have it but by when? 3 years from now when another entry card will beat this card easily?
Zotac version of this card runs quite hot and loud.

Rx 5600 xt
Pros
Age better with time like other amd gpus
Sapphire pulse rx 5600 xt has better cooling than the zotac rtx 2060
Slightly faster (3% to 5% shown in other benchmark videos but depends on the game)

Cons
Drivers issue.
No ray tracing
No dlss (though it has radeon sharpening)

Aeacus

Glorious
Ambassador
it would be nice to maintain 60 fps or above.
Either of the two GPUs are more than enough for 1080p. They are even enough for 1440p (2K). So, there is no issue when it comes to the performance.

Personally, i'd go with Nvidia due to their much better driver support for games. At least, i don't want to start fiddling with drivers when starting to play a game, which should work just fine.

poorbugger

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
Either of the two GPUs are more than enough for 1080p. They are even enough for 1440p (2K). So, there is no issue when it comes to the performance.

Personally, i'd go with Nvidia due to their much better driver support for games. At least, i don't want to start fiddling with drivers when starting to play a game, which should work just fine.
I do understand that but the problem isnt nvidia. The problem is the zotac rtx 2060 with a similar price tag of sapphire pulse rx 5600xt. Zotac is known to run hot and loud.

Aeacus

Glorious
Ambassador
Zotac is known to run hot and loud.
Additional/better case fans to improve cooling doesn't cost a lot. Also, nowadays, most gaming is done with headset, blocking out outside noise (if using good headset).

Also, this review here, didn't get hot temps out of that Zotac card. Reasonable 63C during benching, which is actually 3C less than my MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X during benching.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fING7wwAnrA

However, you may have top-of-the-line Asus/MSI RX 5600-XT that works superb, hardware wise, but if you run into driver issues then it doesn't matter how good of a Radeon GPU you have.

ASK THE COMMUNITY