Question RX 5600 XT Trouble

May 29, 2020
Hi all,

I just got my brand new Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT in the mail yesterday .

I installed it correctly, ensuring that the clip clicks in place, and that all the pins are level. I screwed both of the screws into the case, and plugged in the extra power supply from my PSW (600W 80+).

I then plugged my monitor into it through my HDMI cable (that works with my old GPU that I am currently using to type this), turned the PC back on. Instantly, the monitor picked up that it was connected through HDMI; however, it said right away "Input not supported". I was unable to see my BIOS (it still posted, and I'm pretty sure went into Windows still). Left alone, the monitor "went to sleep" as my computer is set to after no activity after 5 minutes, but "woke up" immediately upon moving my mouse where it resumed saying "Input not supported".

The fans were spinning, and the LED lights behind "Sapphire" were illuminated.

Unfortunately, I don't have a monitor that supports Displayport, and this GPU has 1 HDMI port and 3 Displayports, so I was unable to check other ports to see if they work. Currently, because of this COVID19 pandemic, most of my local computer shops in rural Canada are closed still. I've tried swapping HDMI cables with the one for my TV and it still displayed "Input not supported". I also tried connecting my PC directly to the TV and the TV picked up no signal from the GPU at all (it does with my old one). I've tried flashing my BIOS to the latest rendition (which was successful), and I installed the newest version of my motherboard's all-in-one drivers, as well as the chipset. Unfortunately, my CPU does not support on-board graphics to troubleshoot while it's connected.

Here's a list of my computer specs.

Motherboard:
Asrock B450M-HDV R4.0 (Flashed BIOS to v3.10)--I also tried it when it had the factory BIOS of P2.30

CPU:
Ryzen 5 2600

RAM:
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 2933 Mhz

Windows 10 64 bit

Boot Drive:
Gammix 256GB M.2 2280 SSD

Game Drive:
AData SU800

I submitted an RMA to newegg.ca thinking this one's a dud. Has anyone encountered such a thing themselves that came to find out that the GPU was fine? Trying to get access to another monitor that can interface to see if it'll work, but it is hard to find right now in this silly pandemic.

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Thanks!