Question Rx 5600XT high memory temperature

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Hey men,
team red miner reports 100°C + with mining rvn, i guess it is not safe temperature???
I guess i'd need to open the card and change the pads???
Edit: sorry i forgot to mention that these temps are the MEMORY chips..

Last edited:

Energy-Ray

Prominent
Oct 17, 2019
hi!consider that you maybe have to clean your case from dust because sometimes if thats the case temperatures can go high,otherwise did you check if your gpu's fans are running and maybe need to be adjusted?Another step is checking to see if any overclock settings have been applied to the GPU which causing high temperature,just try to switch back to a normal mode and check it out!Also you should check if there is any latest driver for your graphics card and download it and then do a clean install of it!hope that helps

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
hi!consider that you maybe have to clean your case from dust because sometimes if thats the case temperatures can go high,otherwise did you check if your gpu's fans are running and maybe need to be adjusted?Another step is checking to see if any overclock settings have been applied to the GPU which causing high temperature,just try to switch back to a normal mode and check it out!Also you should check if there is any latest driver for your graphics card and download it and then do a clean install of it!hope that helps
Thanx for the tips but core is ok at around 61°Cedge, 67°C junction.. that 100°C is for the memory chips.. GPU is sapphire with two fans.. guess they just use some crappy thermal pads with low thermal conductance but if i go into it, i break that RMA.. this is starting to get very dilemmatic now..