[SOLVED] RX 570 4GB fan stop spinning after certain RPM

Aug 29, 2020
I notice this problem after a couple of time hearing my fan ramp up and then goes quite until I stop playing my games and the temperature go back to normal. The last RPM it stop is at 2000~ but AMD Adrenaline doesn't seem to recognize that the GPU fan had stop spinning and shows that the fan is at constant speed, while the temp kept climbing. I am confused because after getting below 60-65°C the fan spins again. What could possibly cause this problem and how can I fix it?

This are my specs:
  • Ryzen 5 2400G
  • MSI A320M PRO-VD/S V2
  • Gigabyte Gaming RX 570 4GB
  • Team Elite 16GB DDR4 2933
  • Aerocool Lux RGB 550W 80+ Bronze PSU
  • AMD Adrenaline 20.8.3
If you need more information please let me know. And the game that I was playing was Sea of Thieves at Legendary settings.

Update: Installed MSI Afterburner to see if that would fix the problem but nothing new happened. Although this time my fan reached 3000~ rpm at 70°C before the fan stop again, and starts to spin at 50°C.

Last edited:
Solution
How do I go about disabling AMD Adrenaline? Every search I do only results in disabling the overlay, unless that's what you mean.
You would have to uninstall the Radeon driver package completely. Use Settings/Apps to uninstall the AMD Software.
I meant this as a temporary test to see if the issue goes away or is still there. Obviously, you'd want to reinstall the driver package when done experimenting. Sorry I used the word disable when I should have said uninstall. My bad.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
From your description, it sounds like the fan controller is defective. The process seems to be working in reverse. Fan stopping when above a temp threshold, and starting when it falls back to the threshold again.

You might try disabling Adrenaline to see if that is causing the problem, or the problem is internal to that card itself.

Aug 29, 2020
From your description, it sounds like the fan controller is defective. The process seems to be working in reverse. Fan stopping when above a temp threshold, and starting when it falls back to the threshold again.

You might try disabling Adrenaline to see if that is causing the problem, or the problem is internal to that card itself.
How do I go about disabling AMD Adrenaline? Every search I do only results in disabling the overlay, unless that's what you mean.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You would have to uninstall the Radeon driver package completely. Use Settings/Apps to uninstall the AMD Software.
I meant this as a temporary test to see if the issue goes away or is still there. Obviously, you'd want to reinstall the driver package when done experimenting. Sorry I used the word disable when I should have said uninstall. My bad.

Solution