hdgro11

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
So I've been wanting to upgrade my GT 1030, and I've decided for an RX 570, as its the most my budget would allow, and it performs really well. My budget is 200 euros, or about 220 dollars, but I've been meaning to also buy an SSD, and hopefully have some spare money. Currently, the cheapest RX 570 4GB is 150$ without shipping, while the cheapest 8GB variant is 170$. I would like to use those 20$ I would save by buying the 4GB variant to buy a cheap SSD (I don't need much, just something to boot into Windows faster), or perhaps a variant of the 4GB one with better cooling. I won't be playing at higher resolutions than 1080p.
I've read in multiple places that 8GB for 1080p gaming is complete overkill, and that the GPU in the RX 570 isn't strong enough to handle textures that would require 8GB of VRAM anyways. Is this true? Which one should I buy, please help.

Solution
Then I think you can buy the 8GB variant as well. But if you don't play graphic demanding games, which require a lot of VRAM, then even 4GB is sufficient for 1080p/60Hz, IMO.

I also have an RX 480 4GB GPU, and I never ran out of VRAM space, while playing Games.....Sometimes it does reach the borderline though. It depends on which game I'm playing.

Some games like Shadow Of Mordor, JUST Cause 3/4, Rise of the Tomb Raider , and some of the recent COD games, do eat up a lot of VRAM even on 1080p.

hdgro11

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
I don't think 8GB is way too much overkill on 1080p. Having extra VRAM would just make your GPU more future-proof, IMO. VRAM usage actually also depends on the GAME being played though.

EDIT:: What's your Monitor's Refresh rate value in Hz ?
60 hz. I won't be doing any hardcore gaming, I just need a gpu that will last me quite a lot down the years, even with medium-high settings, or lower resolution

Then I think you can buy the 8GB variant as well. But if you don't play graphic demanding games, which require a lot of VRAM, then even 4GB is sufficient for 1080p/60Hz, IMO.

I also have an RX 480 4GB GPU, and I never ran out of VRAM space, while playing Games.....Sometimes it does reach the borderline though. It depends on which game I'm playing.

Some games like Shadow Of Mordor, JUST Cause 3/4, Rise of the Tomb Raider , and some of the recent COD games, do eat up a lot of VRAM even on 1080p.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS