[SOLVED] RX 570 artifacted when starting pc and restarting after being in the login screen

Mar 9, 2020
PC SPECS:
CPU: RYZEN 5 2400G (APU)
GPU: RX 570 8gb from GIGABYTE (the problem)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 VIPER RAM
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450M PRO-VDH-PLUS
SSD: INTENSO 120GB
HDD: TOSHIBA 1TB
PSU: 600w COOLERMASTER MWE 230
i use windows 10 newest version

what i wanted to do is get rid of the APU from the RYZEN 2400G. So i bought myself an RX 570 it suited the price range and no bottleneck aswell. Well as i bought the card and it came i seated the gpu into the motherboard everything was set i disabled the APU and put it to UEFI as i proceed to restart the PC i saw the starting screen being artifacted and on top of it restarting after getting into the login section after a couple of seconds. with that being said i cant even boot in to my system

i would appreciate your help to let me know if this can get fixed or not thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Complain and return it. ASAP. This thing is broken... possibly a scam.

Suspiciously it is referencing Polaris 10 in the drivers there, The 570 is a Polaris 20 card. Polaris 10 would be an RX 470. Someone may have flashed an RX 570 BIOS onto it to try to get more money. They probably broke the card in the process.
Is this a used card(probably mined)?
Try entering in safemode with networking with the APU. Then download DDU(display driver uninstaller) and completely remove your AMD APU drivers.

After that boot with the RX 570 and reinstall the GPU drivers.

Mar 9, 2020
it is a new card bought from ebay for 145 euro i did what you said and i could get in to windows i saw that the device manager said that my rx 570 is faulty and cant work properly well i decided to download the drivers as i did that my screen has gone black and now im back without the graphics card seated on the motherboard

View: https://imgur.com/a/ANbgIam
look at this it detects the rx 570 but it isnt even seated into my graphics card?

Last edited:

Suspiciously it is referencing Polaris 10 in the drivers there, The 570 is a Polaris 20 card. Polaris 10 would be an RX 470. Someone may have flashed an RX 570 BIOS onto it to try to get more money. They probably broke the card in the process.

Reactions: FamousRambo
Solution
Mar 9, 2020

wow i had it for 4 months it was working at the first 2 months and then it stopped now i explained it to gigabyte im waiting for an answer thanks for the help tho ^^

TRENDING THREADS