[SOLVED] RX 570 BLACK SCREEN (makes my monitor shutdowns itself)

Mathias Adya

Commendable
Jul 19, 2020
So I just bought a brand new Gigabyte RX 570 about 4 days ago. Then I installed the radeon driver and aorus engine which I never touched the aorus engine. And then about 4 minutes after the installation my GPU seems to get my monitor to shutdown and turn on by itself. Before someone tells to check the monitor if its not working properly ,no, I checked my monitor with a PS4 and it never makes random black screen.I tried to remove the graphics card and put it in the same spot but it still gives me black screen. I also changed the cable from the PSU to connect to the GPU but still doesnt work. What should I do?
SPECS:
A320M Grenade
Ryzen 3 1200 3.1Ghz no OC
Gigabyte RX 570 4GB
Ram 1x8GB 2133Mhz
PSU 500 W

Please I need a response ASAP because I need my computer to join zoom classes
BTW, the monitor usually shutdowns itself if there is no connection between the HDMI port to another system and the HDMI port i'm using is the same that I use for my PS4.

Last edited:
Solution
Try DDU. If that doesn't work then i suspect it could be the PSU.

Does the card run without drivers? Reason im suggesting this is to help narrow down power problems as GPU power profiles wouldn't be active until drivers are loaded. To sort of test this (It's not a reliable test but we'll see), so Microsoft doesn't install drivers for it, disable automatic device installations.

Control Panel\System and Security\System > Adv system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings. Click no and reboot if asked. Uninstall drivers and see if monitor's display remains.

Regarding PSU, suspect it not powering the graphics card properly.

I recommend...

Mathias Adya

Commendable
Jul 19, 2020
Hi

What is your PSU make and model?

Try uninstall Aorus engine software.

Install DDU and run it in safe mode to uninstall GPU drivers then reboot back to normal Windows.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Install 570 driver from;
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570
I already installed the 570 driver from that website but it doesn't make any difference from the driver that I got from the CD.

My PSU is Enlight Black Silver 500W.

I already uninstalled AORUS Engine

And I will try install DDU. Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Does the card run without drivers? Reason im suggesting this is to help narrow down power problems as GPU power profiles wouldn't be active until drivers are loaded. To sort of test this (It's not a reliable test but we'll see), so Microsoft doesn't install drivers for it, disable automatic device installations.

Control Panel\System and Security\System > Adv system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings. Click no and reboot if asked. Uninstall drivers and see if monitor's display remains.

I recommend changing it for an Corsair CX550W Grey label.

Solution

Mathias Adya

Commendable
Jul 19, 2020

I recommend changing it for an Corsair CX550W Grey label.
Yes, the graphics card can run without the driver. I even reinstalled windows for that. If I'm still having issues ill get back to you.

TRENDING THREADS